PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen)
Headquarters in USA
Author: Aaron Bernstein
Now, a handful of companies -- among them Nike, Reebok, and Phillips-Van Heusen -- have for the first time gone public. Their factory labor audits were posted in early June on the Web site of the Fair Labor Assn [FLA]...The move also puts pressure on...
Author: International Confederation of Free Trade Unions
[In] export processing zones (EPZs)... workers are made to take amphetamines to get them to work harder and faster, ... violence and abuse are a daily reality for thousands upon thousands of workers, and ... attempts to form unions and bargain...
Author: Confederación internacional de organizaciones sindicales libres
En las zonas francas de exportación...los trabajadores tienen que tomar anfetaminas para trabajar más duramente y más rápido,...la violencia y los abusos son la realidad cotidiana de miles y miles de trabajadores y...los intentos de formar sindicatos y...
Author: Confédération Internationale des Syndicats Libres
[Dans les] zones franches d.exportation (ZFE), ou "maquilas" ... la main-d'oeuvre reçoit des amphétamines afin de pouvoir travailler plus dur et plus rapidement, ... la violence et les abus sont le lot quotidien de milliers et de milliers de...
Author: Burma Campaign UK
Companies refusing to disclose if they source clothes from Burma are today named and shamed by the Burma Campaign UK. 41 clothing retailers have ignored repeated requests to disclose whether they source clothes from Burma...The companies named and...
- Related companies: Argos (part of Home Retail Group) Bay Trading Benetton Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Harrods Hobbs Intersport Jane Norman (part of Edinburgh Woollen Mill) Jo Bloggs Liberty PLC Lillywhites (part of Sports Direct) Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mambo Mexx (part of RNF Holding) MK One (part of Baugur) Naf Naf Paul Smith PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Sports Direct Urban Outfitters
Author: Nikki F. Bas, Sweatshop Watch; Medea Benjamin, Global Exchange; Joannie C. Chang, Asian Law Caucus
This month, the last of three lawsuits over sweatshop conditions on the U.S. island of Saipan came to a close...While the settlement is viewed as a significant victory, several challenges emerged, which lend valuable lessons for future anti-sweatshop...
- Related stories: U.S. apparel cos. lawsuit (re Saipan)
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Banana Republic (part of Gap) Brooks Brothers Brylane (formerly part of Pinault Printemps-Redoute now Kering) Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Charming Shoppes Cutter & Buck Donna Karan Gap Gymboree J.C. Penney J.Crew Jones Group Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Lane Bryant (part of Charming Shoppes) Levi Strauss Limited Brands Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Marshall Fields (part of May Department Stores) May Department Stores Mervyn's Nordstrom Old Navy (part of Gap) Oshkosh B'Gosh Polo Ralph Lauren PricewaterhouseCoopers PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Sears Talbots Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Warnaco Woolrich
Author: Marilynn Marchione, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Besides Coca-Cola, the coalition [Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS] includes ...MTV, American Express, Exxon Mobil Corp., Nike, Calvin Klein and the Yankees Entertainment & Sports Network. [also refers to Anglo American, Ugandan Railway, Pfizer, Merck]
Author: Alison Maitland and Sarah Murray, Financial Times
The release today of Gap's first corporate social responsibility (CSR) report - an ambitious document providing an intimate glimpse into the US garment manufacturer's supply chain practices - offers a bold answer to those who predicted a clampdown in...
[DOC] From Talk to Walk: The Emergence of Human Rights Responsibilities for Corporations at International Law
Author: David Kinley & Junko Tadaki, Castan Centre for Human Rights Law, Monash University [Australia], in Virginia Journal of International Law
...there are abundant reasons why the legal regulation of [transnational corporations'] activities at all levels of impact is sought, ought to be sought, and is sometimes achieved. This article is concerned with developing the arguments for, and...
- Related stories: Nike lawsuit (Kasky v Nike, re denial of labour abuses) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: adidas BHP Billiton BP Chevron Coca-Cola Deutsche Bank Gap Levi Strauss Nike PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Reebok (part of adidas) Rio Tinto Shell Unocal (part of Chevron)