PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen)
Headquarters in USA
Author: United Nations Global Compact
A human rights policy can take many forms and has no uniform definition…Adopting a human rights policy is only a first step in a company’s human rights due diligence towards meeting its responsibility to respect human rights. But it sends a clear...
- Related stories: United Nations Global Compact: "Guide on How to Develop a Human Rights Policy"
- Related in-depth areas: Tools & Guidance
- Related companies: ABB adidas Alcoa Anadolu Efes AngloGold Ashanti ANZ Bank AstraZeneca AXA Balfour Beatty Barclays BASF Bayer BG Group BHP Billiton BlackRock Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Carrefour Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) Coca-Cola Codelco DuPont Eni Ford Fujitsu General Electric GlaxoSmithKline H&M HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC IKEA Marks & Spencer Marriott Mitsubishi Group National Grid Novartis Pentland Group Phillips-Van Heusen Reebok (part of adidas) Shell Tata Group TeliaSonera Tesco Total Vale Vodafone Westpac Yahoo!
Author: Fair Labor Association
The Fair Labor Association (FLA) today released its 2008 annual public report, which provides statistics on the 239 unannounced factory audits conducted in 2007 and 2008 by FLA-accredited independent monitors and highlights FLA projects that have...
Author: Tom Harkin, Los Angeles Times
...From now through the end of November, instead of attending classes, 2 million Uzbek children ages 6 to 15 will be forced to spend their days picking cotton...In 2007, a group of nongovernmental organizations and socially responsible investors...
Author: David Serchuk, Forbes.com
China is surely the growth story of the century, and investors want to be a part of it. But how can you know if your investment helps liberate China's people, or merely strengthens their oppressors?...These questions are way too broad to hope to...
Author: Phillips-Van Heusen
The position of Global Human Rights Licensee Administrator must ensure that all administrative tasks and assigned functions of the Human Rights Licensee program are fulfilled, and assist the Human Rights Manager in managing licensee relationships and...
- Related companies: Phillips-Van Heusen
Author: Alliance to Stop Slavery and End Trafficking & CALL+RESPONSE
[The Chain store reaction project is an open letter asking companies to investigate labour abuses in their production chains. Webpage indicates how many emails sent to each company, and which are responding]. [refers to American Apparel, Audi, A...
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Adobe Systems American Apparel Audi (part of Volkswagen) Banana Republic (part of Gap) Benetton Berkshire Hathaway Bosch Burberry Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Cisco Systems Converse (part of Nike) Dell Diesel Donna Karan Eddie Bauer Fiat (now Fiat Chrysler) Fila Ford Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Gap Genentech General Motors Giorgio Armani Gucci (part of Kering) Guess H&M Heineken Hollister (part of Abercrombie & Fitch) HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hugo Boss Juniper Networks Kenneth Cole Limited Brands Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mazda Microsoft Motorola Nike Nikon (part of Mitsubishi Group) Perry Ellis Pierre Cardin Polo Ralph Lauren PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Quicksilver Saab Automobile (part of Swedish Automobiles) Sean John Clothing Suzuki Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands) Volvo Car (part of Geely) Wrangler (part of VF Corp)
Author: CRO Magazine
[Top five placed companies: Intel, Eaton, Nike, John Deere, Genentech]
- Related stories: USA: CRO Magazine's 100 Best Corporate Citizens 2008 - list topped by Intel, Eaton, Nike
- Related companies: Aetna Agilent Technologies Allegheny Energy American Electric Power Avalon Avon Bank of America Baxter International Bunge Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Constellation Energy Cooper Industries Corning Cummins Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Eastman Chemical Company Eaton Edison International El Paso Energy Entergy Exelon Fairchild Semiconductor FirstEnergy Ford FPL Group Freddie Mac Freeport-McMoRan Gap Genentech General Electric General Mills General Motors Gilead Sciences Goldman Sachs Goodyear Green Mountain Coffee Guess Hess Corporation Humana IBM Intel Intersil ITT Industries John Deere JPMorgan Chase Kraft Foods Lockheed Martin Marathon Oil McKesson MeadWestvaco Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola Nike Norfolk Southern Office Depot PepsiCo PG&E Phillips-Van Heusen PNC Financial Services PPL Progress Energy Public Service Enterprise Group Raytheon Reliant Energy Safeway (USA) Seagate Technology Southern Company Staples Starbucks State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco Target Temple-Inland Tiffany Union Pacific Verizon Walt Disney Waste Management Weyerhaeuser Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy
Author: Niña Catherine Calleja, Inquirer [Philippines]
At least eight US apparel and retail companies have sent a letter to President Macapagal-Arroyo, expressing their concern over the recent violent attacks on strikers in a Korean-owned company at the Cavite Export Processing Zone (CEPZ). The letter...
Author: Ecotextile News
Canadian apparel firm Gildan Activewear has had its labour compliance programs accredited by the Fair Labor Association (FLA)…To earn accreditation, a company must undergo an extensive performance review that occurs during a 2-3 year implementation...