PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen)
Headquarters in USA
Author: Rina Chandran, Thompson Reuters Foundation
Three years after the Rana Plaza disaster in Bangladesh that killed more than 1,100 factory workers, the rights and safety of workers are in greater focus, but progress in fixing problems in the supply chain is slow, experts and activists say...More...
- Related stories: 3 years on from Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - little improvements in health & safety conditions Alliance for Bangladesh Workers Safety Rana Plaza two years on: Progress, but compensation and workers' rights still lacking The Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Rana Plaza building collapse, April 2013 The Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - one year on
- Related companies: Associated British Foods C&A H&M Inditex Phillips-Van Heusen
Author: Intl. Labor Rights Forum (USA)
"U.S. Department of Labor releases report finding serious labor rights abuses in key Peruvian export industries", 21 March 2016...
China: About 50 labour activists detained by authorities, 7 criminally detained among which 5 were charged & sentenced
"After detaining seven labor activists for more than a month, on January 8 the Chinese government formally arrested four of the activists. Their names are Zeng Feiyang, Zhu Xiaomei, and Meng Han (all of the Panyu Workers Center), and He Xiaobo (of the...
Global Brands Group, in its capacity as a PVH licensee, sources footwear from the Lide factory. All PVH licensees are required to adhere to our Code of Conduct, “A Shared Commitment,” which includes the right to freedom of association and collective...
- Related stories: China: At least 19 labour activists detained by authorities, China Labor Watch releases statement on those who assisted Lide Shoe Factory workers
- This is a response from the following companies: Calvin Klein (part of Phillips-Van Heusen) Phillips-Van Heusen
The paper Unfree and Unfair gives evidence of appalling living conditions and restricted freedom of movement of young migrant garment workers in the Indian city of Bangalore. An increasing number of young migrant women workers are staying in factory...
Unfree & Unfair - Poor Living Conditions and Restricted Freedom of Movement of Young Migrant Garment Workers in Bangalore
Author: India Committee of the Netherlands
Clean Clothes Campaign: Garment workers face forced overtime and poverty wages in Poland & Czech Republic
Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) ranks 100 brands on environmental supply chain performance in China
On October 22, 2015, the Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) released its ranking of 100 brands on their environmental supply chain performance in China.
Leading apparel brands & civil society announce project to create industry-wide standardised methodology for assessing labour conditions in supply chains
"Sedex Joins World’s Leading Apparel Brands and Organisations to Transform Global Labour Conditions", 21 Oct 2015...
« Des marques de vêtements incitent le Mexique à se conformer aux recommandations de l'OIT », 1er octobre 2015...