PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen)
Headquarters in USA
China: Labour activist Meng Han sentenced to 1 year, 9 months; Rights groups urge PVH/Calvin Klein, Coach, Ralph Lauren to call for his release
Note: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre has invited PVH (Calvin Klein), Coach, and Ralph Lauren to respond. PVH's response is below....
Author: Thomson Reuters (UK)
Thomson Reuters Launches D&I Index - Reveals Top 100 Most Diverse & Inclusive Organizations Globally...
- Related companies: 3M ABB Abbott Laboratories Abengoa Accenture Acciona Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Allianz Assicurazioni Generali Avon Ayala Bank of Montreal BASF Baxter International Bayer BMW BNP Paribas Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco CA Technologies Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canon Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox Colgate-Palmolive CSL Daiichi Sankyo Daimler Danone Deutsche Post Diageo Dior (part of LVMH) Dow Chemical DuPont EDF EDP (Energias de Portugal) Eli Lilly Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Ferrovial Fletcher Construction Foschini Gap Henkel Hormel HP (Hewlett-Packard) Infosys ING Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Kao Kering Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) L'Oreal LVMH Macy's Medtronic Merck Michelin Microsoft Morgan Stanley Natura Nedbank Nestlé Nokia Novartis Procter & Gamble PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Qantas Airways Roche Samsung Shiseido Société Générale Telefónica Telekom Malaysia Telstra Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters UBS Unilever Xerox YUM!
KnowTheChain invited 20 apparel and footwear companies to respond to engagement questions about their policies and processes on supply chain forced labour: the responses are considered in the evaluation of each company for the KnowTheChain benchmark,....
- Related in-depth areas: KnowTheChain - Apparel and footwear company disclosure
- Related companies: Phillips-Van Heusen
Author: Rina Chandran, Thompson Reuters Foundation
Three years after the Rana Plaza disaster in Bangladesh that killed more than 1,100 factory workers, the rights and safety of workers are in greater focus, but progress in fixing problems in the supply chain is slow, experts and activists say...More...
- Related stories: 3 years on from Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - little improvements in health & safety conditions Alliance for Bangladesh Workers Safety Rana Plaza two years on: Progress, but compensation and workers' rights still lacking The Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Rana Plaza building collapse, April 2013 The Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - one year on
- Related companies: Associated British Foods C&A H&M Inditex Phillips-Van Heusen
Author: Intl. Labor Rights Forum (USA)
"U.S. Department of Labor releases report finding serious labor rights abuses in key Peruvian export industries", 21 March 2016...
China: About 50 labour activists detained by authorities, 7 criminally detained among which 5 were charged & sentenced
"After detaining seven labor activists for more than a month, on January 8 the Chinese government formally arrested four of the activists. Their names are Zeng Feiyang, Zhu Xiaomei, and Meng Han (all of the Panyu Workers Center), and He Xiaobo (of the...
Global Brands Group, in its capacity as a PVH licensee, sources footwear from the Lide factory. All PVH licensees are required to adhere to our Code of Conduct, “A Shared Commitment,” which includes the right to freedom of association and collective...
- Related stories: China: At least 19 labour activists detained by authorities, China Labor Watch releases statement on those who assisted Lide Shoe Factory workers
- This is a response from the following companies: Calvin Klein (part of Phillips-Van Heusen) Phillips-Van Heusen
The paper Unfree and Unfair gives evidence of appalling living conditions and restricted freedom of movement of young migrant garment workers in the Indian city of Bangalore. An increasing number of young migrant women workers are staying in factory...
Unfree & Unfair - Poor Living Conditions and Restricted Freedom of Movement of Young Migrant Garment Workers in Bangalore
Author: India Committee of the Netherlands
Clean Clothes Campaign: Garment workers face forced overtime and poverty wages in Poland & Czech Republic