PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen)
Headquarters in USA
Leading apparel brands & civil society announce project to create industry-wide standardised methodology for assessing labour conditions in supply chains
"Sedex Joins World’s Leading Apparel Brands and Organisations to Transform Global Labour Conditions", 21 Oct 2015...
« Des marques de vêtements incitent le Mexique à se conformer aux recommandations de l'OIT », 1er octobre 2015...
Author: adidas Group, American Eagle Outfitters, New Balance, Nike, Patagonia, Puma, PVH y The Walt Disney Company
…A nombre de nuestras empresas [adidas Group, American Eagle Outfitters, New Balance, Nike, Patagonia, Puma, PVH y The Walt Disney Company]…que se abastecen de productos textiles y de confección en México, tenemos relaciones comerciales con docenas de...
Mexico: Apparel brands support ILO recommendations on labour law reforms to better protect freedom of association
Author: addidas Group, American Eagle Outfitters, New Balance, Nike, Patagonia, Puma, PVH & The Walt Disney Company
On behalf our companies [addidas Group, American Eagle Outfitters, New Balance, Nike, Patagonia, Puma, PVH & The Walt Disney Company]…sourcing textile and apparel…we have commercial relationships with dozens of Mexican factories, employing...
Author: Adam Matthews, Newsweek
At first glance, Tirupur, aka “Knit City,” appears to be an exemplar of how globalization can improve the developing world...The garment industry here in the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu earns billions of dollars annually, employs about a half...
Author: Interfaith Center for Corporate Responsibility
On the second anniverary of the Rana Plaza tragedy in Bangladesh, in April of 2015, a coalition of global investors representing $2.5 trillion in assets sent letters to corporate members of the Bangladesh Accord for Fire and Building Safety (Accord)...
- Related stories: Rana Plaza two years on: Progress, but compensation and workers' rights still lacking
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch adidas American Eagle Outfitters Benetton C&A Carrefour Carter's Cato Children's Place Costco Esprit Gap H&M Hudson's Bay Inditex J.C. Penney Jones Group Just Group Kohl's L.L.Bean Loblaw Companies Macy's Mango Marks & Spencer Nordstrom Phillips-Van Heusen Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Puma Sears Target Tesco VF Corp Walmart
New York City Comptroller urges Ralph Lauren to report to shareholders on its process to assess human rights risks to workers
Author: New York City Comptroller Scott M. Stringer
“Comptroller Scott M. Stringer calls on Ralph Lauren to assess worker safety and risks”, 7 Aug 2014...
[PDF] Evidence of Corporate Disclosure relevant to the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
This research was conducted to inform understanding of how companies currently report on their human rights performance, and how this maps against the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights. The research reviewed corporate disclosure of...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Associated British Foods Aviva Barclays BHP Billiton BMW BP Carrefour Chiquita Citigroup Coca-Cola Ericsson Ford Gap GlaxoSmithKline H&M Henkel Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) L'Oreal McDonald's Merck Microsoft Nestlé Nike Nokia Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) PepsiCo Procter & Gamble PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Randgold Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Shell Société Générale Starbucks Timberland (part of VF Corp) Total Unilever VF Corp Vodafone
Author: Anne D'innocenzio, Associated Press
About 1,500 factories in Bangladesh are on track to be inspected by the end of August as part of a five-year safety pact signed by more than 150 clothing brands and 20 countries... The global agreement, known as the Accord for Fire and Building Safety...
- Related stories: Outlining clear plans for factories to improve worker safety, Bangladesh Accord Foundation announces completion of first factory inspection reports
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Calvin Klein (part of Phillips-Van Heusen) Gap Phillips-Van Heusen Target Tommy Hilfiger (part of Phillips-Van Heusen) Walmart
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The island of Saipan is in the US Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands (CNMI). Beginning in the 1980s, many clothing manufacturers had their garments made in Saipan because such items could be labelled “Made in the USA” and subsequently...
- Related stories: U.S. apparel cos. lawsuit (re Saipan)
- Related companies: Brooks Brothers Brylane (part of Pinault Printemps-Redoute) Calvin Klein (part of Phillips-Van Heusen) Cutter & Buck Donna Karan Dress Barn Gap Gymboree J.C. Penney J.Crew Jones Group Levi Strauss Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) May Department Stores Nordstrom Oshkosh B'Gosh Phillips-Van Heusen Polo Ralph Lauren Sears Tommy Hilfiger (part of Phillips-Van Heusen) Warnaco Woolrich