PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen)
Headquarters in USA
Author: Alejandro Teitelbaum, Jus Semper Global Alliance
In this brief…[Alejandro Teitelbaum, former Permanent Representative to the UN for the American Association of Jurists]…analyses the catastrophe that occurred in Bangladesh in a building where more than 3000 people worked and where almost a third died...
- Related stories: The Catastrophe of Bangladesh - An emblematic case of global capitalism
- Related companies: adidas Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Auchan Benetton C&A Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Carrefour El Corte Inglés Esprit Gap H&M Helly Hansen Inditex KiK Lidl Mango Marks & Spencer Mothercare New Look Next Nike Polo Ralph Lauren Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Sainsbury's Switcher Tchibo Tesco Walmart
Author: Renee Dudley, Bloomberg
Wal-Mart…and Sears…have…declined to join…other companies in…compensating victims of a fire…at a Bangladesh garment factory…[and] also didn’t respond to an invitation to attend a meeting…to discuss compensation payments…Sears…has no plans “to attend...
Author: Cos Mamhunze, on Southern Africa Trade Hub, US Agency for International Development
...Lesotho's apparel sector...is key to the national economy...Better Work Lesotho...is working with garment and footwear factories...to improve their compliance with labour standards and promote their competitiveness...[It] is funded by the United...
Author: IndustriALL Global Union
In a letter to President Ollanta Humala Tasso…brands have expressed concern that Decree 22342 governing ‘non-traditional exports’ acts to encourage and condone violations of labour rights and…poses an obstacle to the proper application of their codes...
- Related stories: 6 US textile & apparel companies urge Peruvian Govt. to repeal law that allegedly condones labour rights violations
- Related in-depth areas: Lobbying for union rights/labour standards
- Related companies: Calvin Klein (part of Phillips-Van Heusen) Eastpak (part of VF Corp) Jansport (part of VF Corp.) Nautica (part of VF Corp) New Balance Nike North Face (part of VF Corp) Phillips-Van Heusen Timberland (part of VF Corp) Tommy Hilfiger (part of Phillips-Van Heusen) VF Corp Wrangler (part of VF Corp)
From 18-19 October 2012, Shift held the second in a series of workshops with business leaders...The workshops form part of Shift’s Business Learning Program, aimed at supporting the implementation by companies of the UN Guiding Principles on Business...
Marcela Manubens will be joining Unilever as Global Vice President Social Impact. She will be tasked with the implementation of the Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and will also lead the development of the livelihoods pillar of the...
Author: Renee Dudley & Arun Devnath, Bloomberg
At a meeting convened in 2011 to boost safety at Bangladesh garment factories, Wal-Mart Stores Inc. made a call: paying suppliers more to help them upgrade their manufacturing facilities was too costly. The...meeting...was attended by more than a...
Author: Responsible Sourcing Network
Responsible Sourcing Network...surpassed 100 signatories to the RSN Cotton Pledge...The growing number of...brands and retailers publicly committing to avoid Uzbek cotton communicates to the Government of Uzbekistan that the apparel industry does not...
- Related companies: adidas American Apparel American Eagle Outfitters Ann Taylor ASDA (part of Walmart) Berkshire Hathaway Burberry Carrefour Carter's Columbia Sportswear Eddie Bauer Eileen Fisher Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Gap Gucci (part of Kering) H&M J.C. Penney J.Crew Juicy Couture (part of Authentic Brands Group) Kohl's Levi Strauss Li & Fung Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Macy's Marimekko Nautica (part of VF Corp) New Balance Nordstrom Oshkosh B'Gosh Patagonia Peacocks (part of EWM Group) PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Redcats (part of Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Reebok (part of adidas) Russell (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Sam's Club (part of Walmart) Target TJX Walmart Walt Disney Williams Sonoma
Author: IndustriALL Global Union Federation, Clean Clothes Campaign, International Labor Rights Forum, Maquila Solidarity Nework, Workers Rights Consortium
Gap Inc. has refused to participate in a comprehensive fire safety program, to which two other major apparel brands [PVH, Tchibo] have already committed, to address the deadly working conditions at its supplier factories in Bangladesh. [Business &...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Unions calling on Gap to adopt comprehensive, transparent fire safety programme
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association
- Related companies: Gap Phillips-Van Heusen