View response in: Français
English answers are translated from QuickCash' French original
Does your company have a publicly available commitment to respect human rights?
No. Code currently in preparation.
How are human rights governed in your company?
The Director of Human Resources, Quality and CSR has the lead responsibility for human rights issues in QUICKCASH. Because it is precisely this company function that is responsible for the protection, promotion and wellbeing of people within the company.
And to ensure that the issue of respect for human rights forms an integral part of the management of our employees.
Managing Director of QUICKCASH has oversight of these issues.
All the stakeholders in our business (employees, clients, village communities) are taken into account in our development business model. Salaries are linked to the company’s strategic decisions. Village communities benefit from some of our actions (local job creation, health-related social actions).
How are human rights managed within your company?
A process of due diligence is being developed.
A charter, a code of good conduct and a human rights policy are being developed.
Priority human rights issues: What are some of the priority human rights issues for your company?
The company selected the following from a check list:
- Health (including workplace health & safety, prevention of pollution)
- Workplace diversity / non-discrimination
- Forced labour and human trafficking (including in supply chains)
- Sexual harassment
- Freedom of expression and/or right to privacy / digital rights
- Transparency in payments to governments / responsible tax practices
- Children (including child labour)
Actions on 'other' issues
Regarding women: Eighty percent of QUICKCASH’s workforce is female, and 60% of its management team is too.
Regarding tax transparency: Financial reports are checked and certified by an external auditor.
Protective measures are included in QUICKCASH’s Rules of Procedure for employees who are victims of sexual harassment or who report or witness acts of sexual harassment in the company.
What provisions does your company have in place to ensure that grievances from workers and affected communities or individuals are heard, and can you provide examples of remedies provided?
Regarding employees: A series of meetings between General Management and employees to exchange views on their working conditions.
Every employee has the opportunity to report matters directly to the Managing Director by phone or e-mail.
Which are the key one, two or three elements of your approach to human rights that been developed or amended since June 2011? Please indicate if these actions were in response to the UN Guiding Principles.
QUICKCASH began operating in 2011 but only discovered CSR and became engaged in it in 2013.
What are some of the obstacles and challenges that your company encounters in implementing its human rights commitments?
Some obstacles are:
- A lack of awareness of international instruments.
- A lack of information on best practices for companies of a similar size (Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)).
- Provide SMEs with assistance to access international instruments on human rights issues.
- Strengthen skills, help SMEs implement the instruments in the context of their business.