Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
Rabobank website: http://www.rabobank.com
Author: Andrew Newton, Ethical Corporation
Report chapters include: "Reputations at risk"; "Ethical finance"; "Interview: Henry Paulson - On taking Goldman Sachs green"; "Equator Principles"; "Islamic finance"; "From prohibitions to public interest"; "Foreign banks in China"; "Consumer credit...
[PDF] full report: "Tomorrow’s Value - The Global Reporters 2006 Survey of Corporate Sustainability Reporting"
Author: SustainAbility, UNEP
[Top 50 reports: BT, Co-operative Financial Services, BP, Anglo Platinum, Rabobank, Unilever, MTR, Vodafone, Shell Group, Nike, Novo Nordisk, ABN AMRO Real, BHP Billiton, Philips, ABN AMRO, HP, Anglo American, GlaxoSmithKline, Rio Tinto, Westpac...
- Related stories: SustainAbility's bi-annual survey of corporate social & environmental reporting - top 5 are BT, Co-Operative Financial Services, BP, Anglo Platinum, Rabobank
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) BBVA BHP Billiton BP British Airports Authority (now Heathrow Airport Holdings) British American Tobacco Co-operative Financial Services (CFS) (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Daiwa Securities DSM Enel Ford Fujifilm Holdings Corporation (formerly Fuji Photo Film) Gap General Electric GlaxoSmithKline Henkel HP (Hewlett-Packard) KarstadtQuelle Kesko Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Migros MTR Natura Nedbank Nike Nissan Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) PotashCorp Rabobank Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) Shell Sony Suez Telus Unilever VanCity Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Vodafone Walmart Westpac
Since 2005, BankTrack members are campaigning on private banks and their direct or indirect relation to Human Rights violations...Banks have the potential to impact upon...rights – both positively and negatively – in a multiplicity of ways. For example...
[PDF] Financial Institutions Announce Revision of Equator Principles - Underscoring the Global Application of Environmental and Social Risk Management
Author: Equator Principles
The Equator Principles...have been revised in the following ways: • The Principles apply to all project financings with capital costs above USD 10 million. • The Principles now also apply to project finance advisory activities. • The revised Principles...
- Related stories: Revised Equator Principles announced
- Related companies: ABN Amro Banco do Brasil Banco Espírito Santo Banco Itau Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BBVA Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) Citigroup Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Dexia FMO HSBC HVB ING Itaú Unibanco KBC Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Nedbank Rabobank Royal Bank of Scotland Standard Chartered Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Wells Fargo West LB Westpac
[PDF] Investors Risk Losing Billions by Misjudging Costs, Environmental Impact of Emerging-Market Pulp Projects
Author: Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR)
False assumptions about the origins and the cost of wood used in emerging market pulp mills has led international investors to channel tens of billions of dollars worldwide into financially risky and environmentally destructive ventures, according to...
- Related stories: Report raises concern about increasing investment in environmentally-harmful pulp mills in Indonesia, Uruguay, Brazil, China, Baltic States
- Related companies: ABN Amro ANZ Bank Asia Pacific Resources Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metsä Fibre Oy (formerly Metsä-Botnia) Rabobank Sinar Mas Group
[PDF] False Profits: how Australia's finance sector undervalues the environment and what we can do about it
Author: Australian Conservation Foundation
This Report is about the financial decision-making processes that lead to false profits, and how we can reform them. By drawing lessons from ten successful innovations in the finance sector, and supplementing them with a set of public policy reforms to...
- Related stories: Environmental record of Australian financial institutions: Report reveals large differences in performance
- Related companies: ABN Amro ANZ Bank Bank of America Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas Citigroup Commonwealth Bank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank HBOS (part of Lloyds) HSBC JPMorgan Chase Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) National Australia Bank Rabobank Royal Bank of Scotland Société Générale Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS West LB Westpac
- Related companies: Rabobank