You are being redirected to the story the piece of content is found in so you can read it in context. Please click the following link if you are not automatically redirected within a couple seconds:
Author: Ravensburger, Published on: 7 December 2018
- Ravensburger is one of the few European toy brands whose products are 90% manufactured in its own factories in Ravensburg and Polička, Czech Republic. In-house production enables us to monitor product and service quality in the best possible way. As a paper and cardboard specialist company, we cannot manufacture all components ourselves, which is why we source 10% of our goods from China.
- One of the factories mentioned in the report - "Lovable Products" - supplied Ravensburger in 2018 with only a few product components, which account for approx. two per mille (0.2 %) of our total production volume.
- The small proportion of goods that we receive from China comes from few suppliers who have been certified by the ICTI and BSCI social compliance initiatives. They monitor the working conditions of toy suppliers in China. Ravensburger has joined both initiatives and is a co-initiator of ICTI. We are also involved in discussions with NGOs. We also disclose our suppliers to "fair spielt".
- We cannot yet evaluate or comment on the statements in the Toys Report 2018. In principle, Ravensburger firstly expects its suppliers to comply with fair working conditions and addresses this there. Secondly, Ravensburger expects the ICTI and BSCI social compliance initiatives, which Ravensburger has joined, to carry out flawless on-site inspections of working conditions.
- We take this issue seriously and have immediately made contact with the supplier and the auditing organisations. We expect a clarification of the facts and, if necessary, improvement measures to remedy the deficiencies.
- In summary: For generations, the business model of Ravensburger toys has been based on quality, which is guaranteed by production in our own factories. Wherever possible, we produce these toys ourselves. Where necessary, we have suppliers that are certified by ICTI and BSCI for humane working conditions and we report this also to "fair spielt".
This is a response from the following companies: Ravensburger