Related stories and components
Australia: Civil liberties groups and business speak out over PM's proposal to ban protesters boycotting companies
Civil society groups and business speak out against proposals of the Morrison government to stop protesters boycotting companies they oppose.
Brazil: Operations at iron mine to resume, contingent on BHP & Vale safeguarding against another fatal dam collapse
Author: Marta Nogueira, Reuters
"Vale, BHP's Samarco gets license to resume operations after dam burst", 25 October 2019...
- Related stories: BHP Billiton & Vale lawsuit (re dam collapse in Brazil)
- Related companies: BHP Billiton Samarco (joint venture BHP Billiton and Vale) Vale
Author: Benjamin Robinson-Drawbridge, Radio New Zealand
"Controversial PNG mine reopens but locals unhappy", 30 October 2019. ...
- Related stories: Papua New Guinea: Chinese-owned Ramu Nickel spills 200,000 litres of toxic slurry into the sea; co. commits to address compensation
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: China Metallurgical (MCC) Ramu Nickel
Author: Ghana Business
‘Lead Poisoning reduced with Safer Mining Practices in Nigeria’ 22 October 2019...
Author: Kim Harrisberg, Thomson Reuters
‘Dusty air, milky water: South African photographer captures coal-mining pollution’...
Zambia: Court authorises controversial mining to proceed on a technicality as citizens petition govt. to stop the mining
The High Court of Zambia has ruled that the controversial Kangaluwi open-cast copper mine project will go ahead in the heart of the Lower Zambezi National park. This was after the court dismissed the appeal against the mine on a legal technicality...