Related stories and components
So. Africa: Gold mining companies issue notice on compensation of miners exposed to dangerous dust since 1965
Author: Pindula News, (Zimbabwe)
‘SA Gold Mines Announce Compensation For Mineworkers Employed From 1965 Onward’ 1 September 2019...
- Related stories: So. Africa: Anglo American So. Africa & AngloGold Ashanti settle ex-gold miners’ silicosis lawsuit
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
- Related companies: Anglo American South Africa AngloGold Ashanti Ashanti Goldfields (see AngloGold Ashanti) Sibanye-Stillwater
Southern Africa: SADC region losing billions in trade-related illicit outflows & external government debt payments every year
Author: Action for Southern Africa
‘The Money Drain: How Trade Misinvoicing and Unjust Debt Undermine Economic and Social Rights in Southern Africa’ September 2019...
NGO to support former mine workers from Botswana who suffered health complications working in So. African mining companies
Author: APA News
‘Botswana NGO mobilises ex-miners against S/Africa companies’ 13 June 2019...
Botswana: Debswana Diamond says its Sustainability Resource Centre will help achieve zero harm across its operations
Author: Daniel Gleeson, International Mining (UK)
‘Debswana looks to hit zero harm goal with Sustainability Resource Centre’ 23 March 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Extractives Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
- Related companies: Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.)
Diamond Producers Association's report says its members positively impact local communities & working to minimize negative environmental impacts
Author: Cision PR Newswire, Diamond Producers Association (UK)
‘First-Ever Comprehensive Report on the Reality of Modern Diamond Mining Reveals its Impact on Local Communities, Challenges Stereotypes and Identifies Areas for Further Improvement’ 2 May 2019...
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
Enforcement of colonial & apartheid-era laws limits press freedom & endangers human rights defenders in Southern Africa
Author: Jonathan Rozen, Quartz Africa
"Colonial and Apartheid-era laws still govern press freedom in southern Africa", 7 December 2018....
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights defenders
Author: Ardea International
This report focuses on the jewellery sector. We have included eight of the major jewellers in the UK, namely the Signet Group (and the companies under its control, as listed in the table in this report), Tiffany & Co., Goldsmiths, Links, F. Hinds,...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Modern slavery Natural Resources
- Related companies: Boodle & Dunthorne Cartier (part of Richemont) De Beers Diarough Ernest Jones (part of Signet) Goldsmiths H.Samuel (part of Signet) Kay Jewelers (part of Signet) Leslie Davis (part of Signet) Newmont Richemont Rio Tinto Rosy Blue Signet Jewelers Tiffany Zale (part of Signet)
Author: Peter von Hartlieb-Wallthor (EnergieAgentur NRW), Dr. Herwig Marbler (DERA)
"Rohstoffe Subsahara: 31 Länder, Stand 2016/2017", Juni 2017 Deutschland ist wie kaum ein anderes Land in die Weltwirtschaft eingebunden, also in hohem Maße auf den Export an Waren, aber auch auf den Import von Energierohstoffen und von mineralisch...