Related stories and components
Author: Concepcion Alvarez, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Malgré leurs engagements, les grandes entreprises du chocolat continuent de déforester l’Afrique », 9 janvier 2019...
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Sumitomo Group
Environmental campaigners say cocoa industry not meeting deforestation pledges in Ghana & Ivory Coast
Author: Ruth Maclean, The Guardian
"Africa cocoa industry failing on deforestation pledge - campaigners", 7 December 2018....
- Related stories: Cocoa industry linked to illegal deforestation in Côte d'Ivoire & Ghana
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change Natural resources (land, water, forests)
- Related companies: Olam
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to our Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin -- highlighting a specific topic each quarter, as well as key developments in corporate legal accountability......
- Related stories: Corporate Legal Accountability Bulletin: The Zero Draft Treaty on Business & Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletins Latest news on proposed binding treaty
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Apple Appleby BHP Billiton CACI Cargill Drummond Energy Resources Capital Gold Fields Harmony Gold KiK Lundin Petroleum Nestlé Oxec (part of Energy Resources Capital) RWE Samsung Total Unilever Vale Vinci
Commentary: Chocolate makers facing lawsuits over failure to effectively address use of child labour in cocoa supply chains
Author: Rosa Furneaux, Mother Jones (USA)
"Your Halloween Candy’s Hidden Ingredient: Child Slave Labor", 31 Oct 2018...
- Related stories: Hershey lawsuit (re child labour in Côte d’Ivoire) Nestlé, Cargill, Archer Daniels Midland lawsuit (re Côte d'Ivoire)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Hershey Mars Nestlé