Related stories and components
Commentary: Kenya & Ethiopia should ensure Gibe III hydro-electric power dam construction does not make Lake Turkana extinct, endangering livelihoods
Author: Edward Mungai, Business Daily (Kenya)
"Lake Turkana: A lifeline in danger of running dry"...
Author: Areeb Ullah, Middle East Eye
"'Like sardines': Migrant workers suffering in Kuwait's desert detention camps," 15 May 2020...
- Related stories: Media coverage re COVID-19 & Risks to Migrant Workers in Qatar & the UAE
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Migrant workers
Union protests Ethiopian Airlines' decision to send workers on unpaid leave due to impact of Covid-19 pandemic on air travel
Author: Samuel Getachew, QUARTZ (USA)
"Africa’s largest airline is starting to furlough workers as the global travel downturn bites"...
Author: Joshua Keating, Slate
"Strongman Medicine: Suspicious Numbers and Brutal Quarantines", 02 Apr 2020...
« Coronavirus: un nouveau coup dur pour le secteur aérien éthiopien », 30 mars 2020....
- Related stories: Pandémie de COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Related in-depth areas: Pandémie de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandémie de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) : Réponses apportées par les gouvernements et les entreprises
- Related companies: Ethiopian Airlines
Human rights organisations call for internet shutdowns and information blockages to be lifted immediately as health crisis looms
Author: Prashasti Awasthi, Business Line
"After Amnesty, Human Right Watch asks India to lift internet ban", 3 April 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
Author: Lewis Ndichu, China Daily
‘Africa's female farmers need better access to resources’ 1 April 2020...
Author: Human Rights Watch
"End Internet Shutdowns to Manage COVID-19", 31 March 2020...
Ethiopia: Mursi tribesmen recall imprisonment, torture & land-grabbing by state agents who allegedly protect Chinese-run sugar plantations & refineries
Author: Roc Morin, Vice (USA)
"Kidnapping, Torture, and Stolen Land: The Brutal Reality of Ethiopia's New Sugar Wars"...