Related stories and components
West Africa: IOM initiative to combat exploitative labour practices & human trafficking, including in mining sector
Author: International Organization for Migration, in Relief Web
"IOM, Partners Combat Exploitative Labour Practices, Human Trafficking in West Africa" ...
Author: Global Witness
“¿Enemigos del Estado?", 30 de julio de 2019...
Author: Global Witness
30 Jul 2019...
- Related stories: Global Witness report shows three defenders were killed each week in 2018, most in relation to mining, agribusiness & hydro
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: Dole Philippines (see Dolefil) Itochu JPMorgan Chase Promoción y Desarrollo Hídricos (PDHSA) (Now Energía y Renovación S.A ) Sterlite Industries (part of Vedanta Resources) Transcanada Vedanta Resources
- Related in-depth areas: 中资企业海外投资
“Anti-Chinese protests in a Gambian fishing village show conflict of foreign investment in Africa”, 28 June 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
Author: Global Voices - ADVOX
"Taxed, throttled or thrown in jail: Africa’s new internet paradigm", 11 Jan 2019...
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
Global Network Initiative report details human rights impacts of internet shutdowns & recommends involving businesses in advocacy against disruptions
Author: Jan Rydzak, Global Network Initiative
Since 2011, network disruptions and large-scale network shutdowns have become a widespread tool of information control. Governments in at least four continents (Africa, Asia, Europe, and South America) have shut down connectivity or social media... ...
Author: ABC News (USA)
"2 activists killed in Gambia in protests against sand mining", 18 June 2018...