Related stories and components
Malawi: Customs and Border Protection issues withhold release order on tobacco from Malawi on allegations of forced labor
Author: Geneva Sands, CNN
'US suspends tobacco imports from Malawi over forced child labor allegations' 1 November 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Child labour
Author: Deutsche Welle (Germany)
‘Tobacco company rebukes Malawi child labor claims’...
Malawi: Lawyers announce lawsuit demanding British American Tobacco compensate families working under poverty wages on tobacco fields; Company comments included
In October 2019, human rights lawyers from Leigh Day announced they were preparing a lawsuit against British American Tobacco (BAT), on behalf of children and families in Malawi, working on tobacco fields supplying the company....
Malawi: Lawyers to launch 'landmark' case against British American Tobacco over child labour & poverty wages
Author: Sarah Boseley, The Guardian
"BAT faces landmark legal case over Malawi families' poverty wages", 31 October 2019...
- Related stories: Malawi: Lawyers announce lawsuit demanding British American Tobacco compensate families working under poverty wages on tobacco fields; Company comments included
- Related in-depth areas: Health & safety in the workplace
- Related companies: British American Tobacco
Author: Lameck Masina, Voice of America
"Poor Women in Malawi Forced to Trade Sex for Fish"...
Author: Centre des Ressources sur les Entreprises et les Droits de l’Homme
Thème du trimestre : La longue marche vers un Traité sur les entreprises et les droits de l'homme...
Author: Centro de Información sobre Empresas y Derechos Humanos
Bienvenidos(as) a nuestras Actualizaciones Trimestrales de Responsabilidad Legal Empresarial (anteriormente el Boletín trimestral). Estas Actualizaciones destacan un tema específico cada trimestre, así como los principales avances en el tema de...
- Related stories: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Update: The Lengthy Journey towards a Treaty on Business & Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Actualizaciones Trimestrales de Responsabilidad Legal Empresarial
- Related companies: CACI CXI Globe Metals & Mining Hudbay Minerals Inversiones Cobra Pan American Silver Samsung Shell Socapalm Socfin Tahoe Resources (part of Pan American Silver) Unilever
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to our Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Update. Formerly known as Quarterly Bulletin, this Update highlights a specific topic each quarter, as well as key developments in corporate legal accountability......
Author: Elias Jika, International Accountability Project (Malawi)
‘Concerns Unaddressed, Communities in Malawi Continue Campaign on the Salima Solar Project’ 22 July 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Renewable energy
So. Africa: Gold mining companies issue notice on compensation of miners exposed to dangerous dust since 1965
Author: Pindula News, (Zimbabwe)
‘SA Gold Mines Announce Compensation For Mineworkers Employed From 1965 Onward’ 1 September 2019...
- Related stories: So. Africa: Anglo American So. Africa & AngloGold Ashanti settle ex-gold miners’ silicosis lawsuit
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
- Related companies: Anglo American South Africa AngloGold Ashanti Ashanti Goldfields (see AngloGold Ashanti) Sibanye-Stillwater