Related stories and components
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Sumitomo Group
Author: Matt Kennard & Claire Provost, Foreign Policy
"African Governments Are Paying for the World Bank’s Mauritius Miracle"...
- Related stories: Malawi Mangoes accused of siphoning tax from Malawi to Mauritius tax haven; company denies allegations
- Related companies: Malawi Mangoes
Author: Malawi Mangoes
"Response to Foreign Policy Article – 25th October 2018"...
- Related stories: Malawi Mangoes accused of using Mauritius tax haven to avoid paying tax in Malawi; company denies allegations
- This is a response from the following companies: Malawi Mangoes
Mauritius allegedly being used by companies as tax haven to shift profits away from Africa; Malawi Mangoes denies allegations
An article by the Foreign Policy alleges that Malawi Mangoes has been using Mauritius as a tax haven to avoid paying taxes in Malawi. The Business and Human Rights Resource Centre invited Malawi Mangoes to respond to the allegations. The company stated...
How local communities are defending community consent in mining, oil & gas projects in southern Africa
Mining companies and governments need to understand and respect the right to free, prior, and informed consent. The lives of activists are on the line. New research shows how more and more communities are finding ways to take action to protect their...
Author: Rachel Etter-Phoya, in Goxi
"Malawi's journey to full contract transparency"...
- Related companies: Paladin Energy
Investigation reveals rampant child labour in tobacco industry in Indonesia, Malawi & Mexico; includes companies' comments
Author: Sarah Boseley, The Guardian
"Child labour rampant in tobacco industry"...