Related stories and components
Fossil fuel companies get included in COVID-19 stimulus packages & are lobbying for suspension of environmental laws, as crack-down on activists & workers continues
Author: Open Democracy
"DemocracyWatch: journalists and dissidents arrested in COVID crackdowns", 22 Apr 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms
- Related companies: BP Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Total
Author: Christopher Knaus & Ben Doherty, The Guardian
"Australia sold weapons to Mali as UN warned violence creating 'humanitarian disaster'", 10 March 2020...
Nigeria: Archbishop condemns land-grabbing & its knock-on effects of poverty, pollution, violence & deforestation
"Land grabbing causing poverty in Africa, Archbishop Kaigama warns", 18 February 2020...
Author: Danielle Paquette, Washington Post
"Fake drugs kill people and fund terror. African leaders hope to do something about it.", 18 January 2020...
USA: Supreme Court seeks to protect companies from lawsuits by victims of abuse overseas in case against chocolate makers over alleged child slavery
"U.S. Supreme Court signals interest in child-slavery cocoa lawsuit", 14 Jan 2020...
- Related stories: Nestlé, Cargill, Archer Daniels Midland lawsuit (re Côte d'Ivoire)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Cargill Nestlé
Africa: New gold refineries raise concerns of 'race to the bottom' on conflict minerals, safety and environmental practices
Author: David Lewis and Peter Hobson, Reuters
"Race to refine: the bid to clean up Africa's gold rush", 15 January 2020....