Related stories and components
Mozambique: Govt. to set up domestic diamond certification scheme as consumers become more socially responsible
Author: African Press Agency, Political Analysis South Africa
"Mozambique to set up executive secretariat for diamond certification", 3 December 2018....
- Related stories: Financing Mining Projects in Southern Africa
Report evaluating implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights by Norwegian-supported businesses in Tanzania & Mozambique
"UNGP, Human Rights and Norwegian Development Cooperation Involving Business"...
How local communities are defending community consent in mining, oil & gas projects in southern Africa
Mining companies and governments need to understand and respect the right to free, prior, and informed consent. The lives of activists are on the line. New research shows how more and more communities are finding ways to take action to protect their...
Author: France Info
« Au moins 207 défenseurs de l'environnement ont été tués en 2017, selon l'ONG Global Witness », 24 juillet 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos sur les défenseurs des droits de l'homme Human rights defenders
Author: Global Witness (UK)
"At what cost?: Irresponsible business and the murder of land and environmental defenders in 2017"...
- Related stories: Deadliest year on record for land & environmental defenders: New Global Witness report says 207 activists killed in 2017
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Desarrollos Energéticos (DESA)