Related stories and components
Author: Global Voices - ADVOX
"Taxed, throttled or thrown in jail: Africa’s new internet paradigm", 11 Jan 2019...
Author: FMO (The Netherlands)
"Human Rights: An integral part of our investment approach - Human rights progress report", 18 Dec 2019...
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Sumitomo Group
Nigeria: Federal lawsuit against Chevron and Total over missing crude oil revenue adjourned to February 2019
Author: News Agency of Nigeria, Premium Times
"$69 Million Oil Shipment: Nigeria's suit against Chevron, Total to continue February", 4 December 2018....
Author: Tochukwu Maxwell and Grace Samuel, Vanguard
"Environmental standards regulation in Nigeria's oil industry still weak - Report", 4 December 2018....
Nigeria: Union alleges exploitation of contract workers at Shell including anti-union activity, poverty wages, poor health & safety
A new report by IndustriALL has alleged exploitation of contract workers at Shell oil and gas operations in Nigeria. Allegations include poverty wages, anti-union activity, health & safety hazards and inadequate living conditions. We asked Shell t...
Shell is committed to respecting human rights as set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Labour Organization core conventions. Our human rights approach is informed by the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human...
- Related stories: Nigeria: Union alleges exploitation of contract workers at Shell including poverty wages & poor health & safety
- This is a response from the following companies: Shell
Professor John Ruggie provides 'Guiding Principles' for the business & human rights treaty negotiations in open letter
Author: Professor John G. Ruggie
"'Guiding Principles' for the Business & Human Rights Treaty Negotiations: An Open Letter to the Intergovernmental Working Group," 9 October 2018...
- Related stories: Experts reflect on the Zero Draft of the legally binding treaty on business and human rights
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on proposed binding treaty