Related stories and components
Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin: Parent company liability for extraterritorial abuse
Author: Diana Nabiruma (Africa Institute for Energy Governance ), in Africa Centre for Media Excellence (Uganda)
"Op-ed – Uganda’s hope in oil benefits is misplaced"...
- Related in-depth areas: Land Rights & Displacements
Shell Nigeria Gas marks its 20th anniversary by implementing a health programme for public transport drivers
Author: The Guardian (Nigeria)
"Shell Nigeria Gas marks 20 years, implements health programme", 29 August 2018...
- Related companies: Shell
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas ADM (see Archer Daniels Midland) Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
On 14 October and 22 December 2015, the Ogale and Bille Nigerian communities respectively filed claims against the UK company Royal Dutch Shell plc (hereinafter Shell) and its Nigerian subsidiary Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) in the UK...
Nigeria: Local communities accuse Wilmar of land grabbing & pollution associated with palm oil cultivation; co. rejects allegations
Author: Anietie Akpan, The Guardian
"Cross River communities protest, allege land grabbing in Wilmar’s N45b project", 27 August 2018...
- Related companies: PZ Wilmar (joint venture PZ Cussons & Wilmar International)
Author: Stanley Opara, The Guardian (Nigeria)
"Communities reject oil firms’ refusal to relocate headquaters to Niger Delta"...
MTN Nigeria refuses to allow staff to form workers’ associations say trade unionists; the company rejects allegations
Author: Yinka Ibukun and Tope Alake, Fin24 (Nigeria)
"MTN Nigeria picketed by labour groups over right to unionise", 10 July 2018...
- Related companies: MTN
Author: Ava Lee, Global Witness
This morning over 350 media organizations across the US will publish editorials on press freedom in response to President Trump’s concerted efforts to attack them. As an anti-corruption campaign group, investigative journalism is at the heart of what...
- Related stories: USA: 350 media organisations publish editorials on freedom of press in response to Trump administration's recurrent attacks on media
- Related companies: Facebook
Author: Amnesty International
"Ich kämpfe bis zum letzten Atemzug", 29. Juni 2018...
- Related companies: Shell