Related stories and components
Author: Daily News (Tanzania)
“Barclays supports children with medical problems”...
- Related companies: Barclays
East Africa: Extractives Baraza tracking publicly available oil, gas & mining agreements between govts. & investors
Author: Extractives Baraza (Kenya)
"Publicly Available Oil, Gas and Mining Agreements"...
- Related companies: Tullow Oil
Reforms in extractives sector, including to ensure locals benefit from mining, earn Kenya & Tanzania poor investor ratings
Author: Njiraini Muchira, The EastAfrican (Kenya)
"Kenya, Tanzania mining reforms earn them poor investor ratings"...
Tanzania & Mozambique: Poor rural women discriminated in compensation after displacement to pave way for agribusiness, says report
A report by The World Resources Institute's (WRI) shows that women are discriminated when communities are compensated or resettled to pave way for agribusiness in Africa. The report calls for more inclusive and participatory community decision-making...
Author: CIVICUS (South Africa)
"CIVICUS: State of Civil Society Report 2018 - Year in Review: Top 10 trends", 06 Mar 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Tanzania: Project aims to improve local advocacy groups' ability to monitor human rights abuses by businesses
"Improving monitoring, research and dialogue on Business and Human Rights in Tanzania"...
Report by Human Rights Watch alleges labour rights abuses & child labour in gold & diamond supply chains of global jewellery brands; incl. co responses
The report “The Hidden Cost of Jewelry” by Human Rights Watch documents labour rights violations, child labour and poor working conditions caused by toxic chemicals in gold and diamond supply chains of global jewellery brands. The report scrutinizes...
Author: Human Rights Watch
[Anmerkung: Das Business & Human Rights Resource Centre hat die in dem Bericht genannten Schmuckhersteller um eine Stellungnahme gebeten. Mehr dazu, sowie die Antworten der Unternehmen finden Sie hier.]...
- Related companies: Aber Diamond Boodle & Dunthorne Bulgari Cartier (part of Richemont) Chopard Christ Harry Winston (part of Swatch) Kalyan Jewellers Pandora Group Richemont Rolex Signet Jewelers Tanishq (part of Titan Industries) Titan Industries (joint venture Tata Group & Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation) Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri (TBZ)
- Related stories: Report by Human Rights Watch alleges labour rights abuses & child labour in gold & diamond supply chains of global jewellery brands; incl. co responses
- This is a non response from the following companies: Christ