Related stories and components
- Related stories: Zambia: NGO says First Quantum Minerals failed to adequately restore locals' livelihoods after resettlement to pave way for mining operations; company did not respond
- This is a non response from the following companies: First Quantum Minerals
NGO requests First Quantum Minerals to restore locals' livelihoods after resettlement to pave way for company's operations
Author: Network for Community Resource Governance (Zambia)
"Community Grievance Against FQM"...
Zambia: NGO says First Quantum Minerals failed to adequately restore locals' livelihoods after resettlement to pave way for mining operations; company did not respond
A letter by Zambia-based Network for Community Resource Governance (NCRG) to First Quantum Minerals (FQM) reveals how the company failed to restore the local community's livelihood after it was resettled to pave way for the company's operations. The...
How local communities are defending community consent in mining, oil & gas projects in southern Africa
Mining companies and governments need to understand and respect the right to free, prior, and informed consent. The lives of activists are on the line. New research shows how more and more communities are finding ways to take action to protect their...
Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin: Parent company liability for extraterritorial abuse
Author: France Info
« Au moins 207 défenseurs de l'environnement ont été tués en 2017, selon l'ONG Global Witness », 24 juillet 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos sur les défenseurs des droits de l'homme Human rights defenders
Author: Global Witness (UK)
"At what cost?: Irresponsible business and the murder of land and environmental defenders in 2017"...
- Related stories: Deadliest year on record for land & environmental defenders: New Global Witness report says 207 activists killed in 2017
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Desarrollos Energéticos (DESA)
Author: The Zambian Observer
"Zambia Compulsory Standards Agency probing safety of Blue Band Margarine"...
- Related companies: Pick n Pay