Related stories and components
Author: BBC News
"Keystone XL Pipeline: US judge orders halt on construction", 9 Nov 2011...
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change litigation Latest Legal News USA: Trump administration actions on business & human rights
- Related companies: Transcanada
New United States-Mexico-Canada trade agreement hailed for taking steps forward on indigenous rights
Author: Jorge Barrera, CBC News (Canada)
"New trade agreement a 'step up' from NAFTA on Indigenous rights", 1 Oct 2018...
Canada: Parliamentary report requests Govt. develop legislation that motivates business to eliminate child labour
In November and December 2017, the Subcommittee on International Human Rights of the House of Commons Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Development undertook a study on child labour in supply chains. The Subcommittee received...
Author: Libération (France)
« Pollution de Chevron-Texaco : "Le système judiciaire international protège les criminels du secteur privé" », 16 octobre 2018...
- Related stories: Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador)
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques Fourth UN Intergovt. Working Group session on proposed business & human rights treaty (15-19 Oct 2018)
- Related companies: Chevron Texaco (part of Chevron)
Ontario Court of appeal restricted ability to pierce corporate veil in lawsuit by affected Ecuadorian communities against Chevron in Canada, say lawyers
Author: Stephen G. Ross & Andrew Yolles, Rogers Partners LLP, on Mondaq
"A New And Restrictive Approach To Piercing The Corporate Veil", 8 Oct 2018...
Citizen Lab report finds NSO Group's spyware used against activists is spreading into US, Canada, France & 43 other countries
Author: Dj Pangburn, Fast Company (USA)
"This powerful off-the-shelf phone-hacking tool is spreading", 18 Sep 2018...
Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin: Parent company liability for extraterritorial abuse