Related stories and components
Ecuador: Local govt. files lawsuit challenging mining concessions allegedly granted without prior consultation with affected communities
Author: Johnny Magdaleno, Reuters
"In Ecuador, landmark court cases challenge mining projects", 5 Nov 2018...
Author: Agencia Ecologista Tagentai
“[Cobertura] Inicia Marcha Nacional por el Agua” – 4 de noviembre de 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es
- Related companies: China Railway Construction Corriente Resources (joint venture Tongling Nonferrous Metals & China Railway Construction Corporation) Ecuacorriente (part of Corriente Resources) Tongling Nonferrous Metals
Ecuador: Indigenous communities win lawsuit challenging 52 gold mining concessions in Amazonian rainforest
Author: Amazon Frontlines
"An unprecedented legal victory for indigenous rights in Ecuador frees up huge swath of Amazonian rainforest from gold mining", 22 Oct 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
Author: Fermin Koop and Robert Soutar, Dialogo Chino
…Latin American civil society organizations filed three reports to be taken into consideration at China’s [Universal Periodic] review…One group of 21 NGOs from Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador, Bolivia and Peru, reviewed 18 projects managed by 15 Chinese...
- Related stories: China: Stakeholders raise concerns on Chinese overseas investments in submissions to Universal Periodic Review
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: Corriente Resources (joint venture Tongling Nonferrous Metals & China Railway Construction Corporation) Ecuacorriente (part of Corriente Resources)
During the week of 15-19 October 2018, more than 94 States and 400 civil society organizations...were present for negotiations of the first-ever draft of a binding treaty...While all BRICS countries and many States from the Global South contributed,...
“Mares de América del Sur víctimas de la débil gobernanza” – 15 de octubre de 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
Author: ECCJ (Belgium)
[On Tuesday 16 November 2018 in Geneva, during the open-ended intergovernmental working group for the elaboration of a proposed business and human rights treaty, the second day of the fourth session saw:]...
Author: Libération (France)
« Pollution de Chevron-Texaco : "Le système judiciaire international protège les criminels du secteur privé" », 16 octobre 2018...
- Related stories: Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador)
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques Fourth UN Intergovt. Working Group session on proposed business & human rights treaty (15-19 Oct 2018)
- Related companies: Chevron Texaco (part of Chevron)