Related stories and components
Author: IM Defensoras
“[PRONUNCIAMIENTO] COVID-19: Ante la crisis, urge frenar el autoritarismo y defender la vida, el cuidado, los derechos y la dignidad humana”, 20 de marzo de 2020...
- Related stories: Guatemala: Asesinan a defensora indígena, Dominga Ramos, quien se opusó a la empresa de energía ENERGUATE; la empresa no respondió
- This is a non response from the following companies: Energuate (part of IC Power)
Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador: Maquila workers challenge employer attempts to violate labour rights through measures taken to combat COVID-19
Author: Solidarity Center (USA)
“COVID-19: Maquila workers shouldn’t bankroll employers”, 20th March 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Supply chain workers
- Related companies: Gildan Activewear
Guatemala: Study indicates that poor job prospects and the exclusion of young women have roots in high levels of inequality
Author: Equal Times
“Guatemala: a workers’ paradise?”, 11 de marzo de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Gender, Business & Human Rights
Author: Global Witness
"Celebrating the women who are protecting the planet", 6 mars 2020...
“NEW REPORT- Shifting Dynamics in Social License: Why Community Is King in Latin America’s Mining Sector”, 2nd March 2020...
Latin America: Pan American Silver accused of operating mines that do not have the consent of local communities and of polluting water supplies; company comments
“Map reveals Canadian mining company’s environmental, social conflicts”, 2nd March 2020...
- Related companies: Pan American Silver
Guatemala: Nespresso, owned by Nestlé, stops purchasing coffee linked to child labour allegations; the company comments
Author: Swiss Info
“Nespresso stops Guatemala purchases after child labour allegations”, 26th February 2020...
- Related companies: Nestlé