Related stories and components
Author: República (Guatemala)
"Ascabi se pronuncia por cierre de mina", 21 de junio de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales
- Related companies: Compañía Guatemalteca de Níquel (CGN) (part of Solway Group)
Report argues mining industry is profiting from COVID-19 while putting workers, communities & defenders at risk; including co responses
A report published by a coalition of civil society organisations (Earthworks, Institute for Policy Studies - Global Economy Program, London Mining Network, MiningWatch Canada, Terra Justa, War on Want, and Yes to Life No to Mining) analyses through a...
Reform of EU Non-Financial Reporting Directive should be aligned with future due diligence legislation, brief argues
Author: European Coalition for Corporate Justice (ECCJ)
"Moving forward with the EU Non-Financial Reporting Directive: Enforcement & review", June 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
- Related companies: Grupo ACS Prada Salvatore Ferragamo SpA
Guatemala: Solway Investment Group accused of not taking sufficient measures to protect the health of workers in the Fenix Mine project; incl. company response
Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, workers have accused Solway Investment Group of not taking sufficient measures to protect the right to health of the workers on the Fenix Mine project in Guatemala. Despite government regulation forcing the suspension...
Author: Solway Investment Group
...Thank you for the given opportunity to respond to the concerns raised in the article “Contentious Guatemala nickel mine ‘ignores coronavirus lockdown” published by Mongabay on the 27th May 2020. ...
- Related stories: Guatemala: Solway Investment Group accused of not taking sufficient measures to protect the health of workers in the Fenix Mine project; incl. company response
- This is a response from the following companies: Solway Group
...The first attempt to reach an agreement took place in 2011, it lasted 8 months and did not succeed, although negotiations were conducted with mutual respect .The working table included nine communities representatives and 2 company spokespersons. As...
- Related stories: Guatemala: Enel responds to allegations of the construction of a hydroelectric dam on indigenous territory
- This is a response from the following companies: Enel
Guatemala: Enel responds to allegations of the construction of a hydroelectric dam on indigenous territory
Throughout 2012 and 2013, indigenous leaders and representatives of ENEL, an Italian-based energy company building a huge hydro-electric dam on ancestral indigenous lands, held negotiation sessions in order to reach an agreement. The negotiations...
“La ONG Global Witness pide que aplicaciones sobre COVID-19 no afecten los derechos humanos”, 2 de junio de 2020....