Related stories and components
Author: Estrategia y Negocios
“Guatemala: Efectos de las nuevas restricciones sobre comercios y empleados”, 30 de marzo de 2019...
Author: Estelle Massé, Access Now
"Recommendations on privacy and data protection in the fights against COVID-19", March 2020...[COVID-19] responses must promote public health, prevent discrimination, ensure access to reliable and timely information, defend unrestricted access to an...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Surveillance, censorship & privacy Digital freedom Privacy Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Alipay Alphabet CoronApp Deutsche Telekom Facebook Orange Proximus Group Sensetime Verily (part of Alphabet) WeChat
Author: IM Defensoras
"[PRONUNCIAMIENTO] COVID-19: In the face of the crisis, it is urgent to stop authoritarianism and defend life, care, rights and human dignity", March 20, 2020...
- Related stories: Guatemala: Asesinan a defensora indígena, Dominga Ramos, quien se opusó a la empresa de energía ENERGUATE; la empresa no respondió
- This is a non response from the following companies: Energuate (part of IC Power)
Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador: Maquila workers challenge employer attempts to violate labour rights through measures taken to combat COVID-19
Author: Solidarity Center (USA)
“COVID-19: Maquila workers shouldn’t bankroll employers”, 20th March 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Supply chain workers
- Related companies: Gildan Activewear
Guatemala: Study indicates that poor job prospects and the exclusion of young women have roots in high levels of inequality
Author: Equal Times
“Guatemala: a workers’ paradise?”, 11 de marzo de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Gender, Business & Human Rights
Author: Global Witness
"Celebrating the women who are protecting the planet", 6 mars 2020...
“NEW REPORT- Shifting Dynamics in Social License: Why Community Is King in Latin America’s Mining Sector”, 2nd March 2020...
Latin America: Pan American Silver accused of operating mines that do not have the consent of local communities and of polluting water supplies; company comments
“Map reveals Canadian mining company’s environmental, social conflicts”, 2nd March 2020...
- Related companies: Pan American Silver