Related stories and components
Author: Women human rights defenders / JASS (USA)
"We've Had Enough. A Call to Action to Protect Women Human Rights Defenders & their Communities", 3 Oct 2018...
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Sumitomo Group
Author: Prensa Comunitaria (Guatemala)
“Criminalización Hacia Las Mujeres Xincas Y Las Debilidades De La Justicia”, 11 de diciembre 2018...
- Related companies: Tahoe Resources
Author: Protection International
In Guatemala, many indigenous and peasant communities live in situations of repression and criminalization due to their peaceful opposition to mega hydroelectric projects, which are often carried out without consulting the affected communities (as...
“Agroempresarios guatemaltecos realizan foro de derechos humanos”, 4 de diciembre de 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Debida diligencia
Author: Liz Ford, The Guardian (UK)
"Women's rights take centre stage as murdered activists are remembered", 29 Nov 2018...
- Related stories: Women human rights defenders' day 2018: Rise in killings & calls for a stronger response by govts. & cos.
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders