Related stories and components
Indigenous people in the defenders database: Killings are more common than for the rest of defenders
Investigate further on the Business, Civic Freedoms & Human Rights Defenders Portal
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Guatemala: Constitutional Court confirms suspension of Tahoe Resources' Escobal mine & orders consultation process with indigenous peoples
The Constitutional Court of Guatemala confirmed the suspension of Tahoe’s mine Escobal operated by their filial Minera San Rafael. They have a suspension since 2017, communities alleged that they were not consulted and that their rights were allegedly...
Author: Prensa Comunitaria (Guatemala)
“Alta Verapaz: Cinco Campesinos Quedan Libres Y Ocho Quedan Sin Orden De Captura”, 3 de septiembre de 2018...
- Related companies: Unisource Holding
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas ADM (see Archer Daniels Midland) Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
Guatemala: Indigenous journalist assaulted while reporting on Oxec hydroelectric project; company denies responsibility
Author: TeleSur (Venezuela)
“Guatemala: teleSUR Correspondent Attacked By Men With Machetes”, 24 of August 2018...
Guatemala: Communities call on Inter-American Development Bank to withdraw investment from PDHSA dams following alleged human rights abuses
"Guatemalan indigenous communities file complaint for dams’ damages", 6 of August, 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Promoción y Desarrollo Hídricos (PDHSA) (Now Energía y Renovación S.A )