Related stories and components
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold
Haiti: Protests sparked by corruption allegations under the oil alliance with Venezuela, PetroCaribe
Author: Caribbean News Now
“PetroCaribe fuel huge protests in Haiti”, 26th June 2019...
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
Haiti: Farmers reach agreement with Inter-American Development Bank to address harm caused by Caracol Industrial Park
On 8 December 2018, Haitian farmers and their families, their government and the Inter-American Development Bank reached an agreement concerning the taking of their farmland for the Caracol Industrial Park in 2011. The agreement provides for remedial...
Author: La Izquierda Diario
“Tercer día de huelga general en Haití contra el Gobierno y la corrupción”- 21 de noviembre de 2018 …Haití vive este miércoles una nueva jornada de huelga, que mantiene paralizada la capital haitiana por tercer día consecutivo, tras la multitudinaria ...
- Related companies: PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela)
Unions and NGO’s accused Gildan of allegedly not paying benefits that were accorded with the workers in a modernization process and that supposedly is not complying with the Labour authorities in Honduras. The Business & Human Rights Resource...