Related stories and components
USA: Leaked notes from meeting of Amazon executives allegedly details plans to smear warehouse employee fired after leading walkout over COVID-19 demands
Author: Paul Blest, Vice News
Leaked notes from an internal meeting of Amazon leadership obtained by VICE News reveal company executives discussed a plan to smear fired warehouse employee Christian Smalls, calling him “not smart or articulate” as part of a PR strategy to make him ...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms
- Related companies: Amazon.com
“"Nos sentimos inseguros": trabajadores de Amazon piden más protección en los almacenes de EEUU” – 31 de marzo de 2020 ...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Brote de COVID-19 (coronavirus): personas trabajadoras de cadenas de suministro
- Related companies: Amazon.com
Author: Abha Bhattarai, The Washington Post
“Grocery workers are beginning to die of coronavirus”, 06 April 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Supply chain workers
- Related companies: Giant Food (part of Ahold Delhaize) Kroger Trader Joe's (part of Aldi Nord) Walmart
Author: Ludovic Dupin, Novethic (France)(copyright: www.novethic.fr)
«Sous prétexte de la crise de Coronavirus, l'administration américaine suspend les exigences environnementales des entreprises» 1 avril 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Pandémie de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) : Réponses apportées par les gouvernements et les entreprises
USA: Independent contractors working for Instacart stage novel protest against inadequate COVID-19 safety measures
Author: Noam Scheiber & Kate Conger, The New York Times
"Strikes at Instacart and Amazon Over Coronavirus Health Concerns", 30 Mar 2020...
- Related stories: COVID-19: New types of protest, advocacy & demands from business-focused HRDs & groups
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Instacart
USA: Trader Joe’s opposes unionization efforts among its employees, critical of its response to COVID-19
Author: David Yaffe-Bellany, The New York Times
"Labor Fight Collides With the Pandemic at Trader Joe’s", 02 Apr 2020...
Commentary: Farmworkers are among groups most at risk for COVID-19 & need access to health care, incl. fully staffed field hospitals
Author: Greg Asbed, New York Times
"What happens if America's 2.5 million farmworkers get sick?" 3 April 2020...
Commentary: Transparency reports are one of the best ways for companies to share their actions to respect human rights
Author: Isedua Oribhabor & Peter Micek, Access Now
"The what, why, and who of transparency reporting," 2 April 2020...
- Related stories: Zoom announces measures to improve transparency following pressure from civil society
- Related companies: Alphabet Google (part of Alphabet) TikTok
200 Colombians file US lawsuit against Chiquita seeking redress for family members allegedly murdered by paramilitary death squads
Author: EarthRights International
"Over 200 Colombian Plaintiffs File Claims for Torture and Killings Against Chiquita," 25 Mar 2020...
Author: Ignacio Saiz, Center for Economic and Social Rights
A number of countries... are introducing comprehensive stimulus packages to mitigate the effects of the virus... most of these “bailouts” include protections for workers and companies, their different emphases are striking [and]... largely correlate...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response