Related stories and components
Female workers in factories supplying to Gap & H&M face harassment & abuse, report finds; co's to investigate
Author: Kate Hodal, The Guardian
Pressure to meet fast fashion deadlines is leading to women working in Asian factories supplying Gap and H&M being sexually and physically abused..., according to [...] reports published last week by Global Labour Justice on gender-based violence.....
- Related stories: Unions and rights groups call for global convention on violence and harassment in the workplace
- Related companies: Gap H&M
Author: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (USA)
The new coalition representing $2 trillion will increase investor capacity to address human rights and business risks through targeted action, education and multi-stakeholder engagement... Convened by the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility ...
- Related stories: Global Investor Alliance for Human Rights representing $2 trillion launched
- Related companies: APG
Author: Reuters, The Straits Times
"Daily violence, sex abuse in Walmart's Asian suppliers: Rights groups", 25 May 2018 Women who work in Asian factories making clothes for the global retail giant Walmart are at "daily risk" of slapping, sexual abuse and other harassment, rights grou...
- Related companies: Walmart
In February 2018, the Working Group on the issue of human rights and transnational corporations and other business enterprises and the Special Rapporteur on the implications for human rights of the environmentally sound management and disposal of...
We would like to bring to the attention of your company information we have received about the alleged transboundary movement of an end-of-life ship owned by a partnership based in the United Kingdom between A.P. Moeller Maersk and Odebrecht. The...
- Related stories: UN invites Maersk to respond about the 2016 sale of the North Sea Producer vessel
- Related in-depth areas: Maritime Industry Maritime Industry and Human Rights: Shipbreaking
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk GMS
Author: Jonathan Saul & Simon Jessop, Reuters (UK)
'Shipping’s Financiers Turning the Tide On Controversial Shipbreaking Practices' 15 May 2018...
Authors: Shelley Marshall, Irene Pietropaoli, and Madeline Winterbottom (RMIT University of Melbourne) As human rights due diligence laws are enacted around the world, it is vital that we compare their features and strengths and weaknesses. This datab...
Author: Hugo Boss
Als international produzierendes und wirtschaftendes Unternehmen sind nachhaltige Prozesse in der Beschaffung und Produktion für HUGO BOSS von besonderer Bedeutung. In unserem aktuellen Nachhaltigkeitsbericht und auf unserer Website sind ausführliche...
- Related stories: Hugo Boss nimmt Stellung zu Kritik an arbeitsrechtlichen Bedingungen in Zuliefer-Fabriken
- This is a response from the following companies: Hugo Boss
Commentary: UN climate talks should include roadmap for mobilising additional finance for loss & damage & polluters should pay
Author: Ministers Joseph Isaac, Ronny Jumeau, Anisul Islam Mahmud and Ralph Regenvanu, Climate Change News
"When will the world's polluters start paying for the mess they made?," 2 May 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism