Related stories and components
Author: U.S. State Department Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor
Author: War on Want
The following pages examine the rapid expansion of private military and security companies (PMSCs), particularly as a result of the occupation of Iraq. As well as providing information on the activities of these companies, the report urges all readers...
- Related in-depth areas: NGO Private military & security companies
- Related companies: Aegis Defence Services (part of Aegis Group) Aegis Group AirScan American Airlines Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) ArmorGroup (part of G4S) Aviation Development Corporation (ADC) BHP Billiton Blackwater Booz Allen Hamilton BP CACI Canadian Natural Resources Chevron Control Risks Custer Battles De Beers (part of Anglo American) DynCorp Erinys International ExxonMobil Halliburton Hart Intercon Security L-3 Communications L-3 Titan (part of L-3 Communications) MPRI (part of L-3 Communications) Northbridge Services Group Northrop Grumman Ranger Oil (part of Canadian Natural Resources) Raytheon Schlumberger Shell Siemens Silver Shadow Texaco (part of Chevron) Triple Canopy Vinnell (part of Northrop Grumman) Wood (formerly Amec Foster Wheeler)
[PDF] Eye on EITI: Civil Society Perspectives and Recommendations on the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Publish What You Pay / Revenue Watch Institute
Twenty-one governments of resource-rich countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Central Asia have endorsed the initiative and the International Advisory Group (IAG) has developed many of the necessary guidelines, criteria, and governance...
Author: Jill Shankleman, former Senior Fellow, US Institute of Peace & oil sector consultant
This report analyzes the particular challenges of stabilization and reconstruction missions in countries rich in hydrocarbons and minerals and provides lessons learned from the recent experience of such countries as Iraq, Sudan, Angola, Liberia, and...
Author: Edited by Deborah Eade, John Sayer, pub. Kumarian Press. Contributors include: Stephanie Ware Barrientos, Jem Bendell, Catherine Dolan, Sumi Dhanarajan, Deborah Doane, Niamh Garvey, David Hall, April Linton, Lienda Loebis, Emanuele Lobina, Robin de la Motte, Ben Moxham, Julian Oram, Peter Newell, Carolina Quinteros, Leopoldo Rodriguez-Boetsch, Hubert Schmitz, Sally Smith, Anne Tallontire, Peter Utting
Contributors to this volume examine the impact of the private sector on development, whether through core business practices, corporate responsibility endeavors, or philanthropic activities. Chapters:...
[PDF] full report: "Business for Development - Business solutions in support of the Millennium Development Goals"
Author: World Business Council for Sustainable Development
[includes case studies on Unilever, Procter & Gamble, Holcim, GrupoNueva, EDF, Philips, Vodafone, SC Johnson, Rio Tinto, BP, Eskom, Rabobank, ConocoPhillips]
- Related stories: World Business Council for Sustainable Development report on business contribution to Millennium Development Goals
- Related companies: BP ConocoPhillips EDF Eskom Grupo Nueva Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) Procter & Gamble Rabobank Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics SC Johnson Unilever Vodafone
Author: Secours Catholique
...à la présentation du rapport «Dépasser la rhétorique, mesurer la transparence des revenus», la plate-forme française «Publiez ce que vous payez !» a déploré la place de Total dans le peloton de queue, 21ème sur 25...Talisman, Nexen et TransAtlantic....
Author: Save the Children UK
[donne un classement de 25 entreprises: Amerada Hess, BP, ChevronTexaco (Chevron), CNPC, ConocoPhillips, Devon Energy, Eni, ExxonMobil, Lion Energy, Lukoil, Nexen, Norsk Hydro, Paladin Resources, PetroChina, Petronas, Premier Oil, Repsol YPF, Santos,...
- Related stories: full report: "Beyond the Rhetoric - Measuring revenue transparency - Company performance in the oil and gas industries"
- Related companies: BP Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) ConocoPhillips Devon Energy Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Hess Corporation Lion Energy Lukoil Nexen Norsk Hydro (Hydro) Paladin Energy PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Petronas Premier Oil Repsol YPF Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Santos Talisman (part of Repsol) Total TransAtlantic Petroleum Unocal (part of Chevron)