Related stories and components
Vale will address below the issues brought up in three cases in the Business and Human Rights Resource Center website on Indonesia, New Caledonia and Onça Puma, Brazil.
- Related stories: Brazil: Vale Onca Puma mining operations accused of harms to indigenous peoples' rights, water contamination & environment Indonesia: Indigenous groups allege abuses of rights by Vale nickel mining activity New Caledonia: Vale nickel operations allegedly polluting air & contaminating seafood comprising indigenous communities' livelihood Show moreShow less
- This is a response from the following companies: Vale
Commentary: ASEAN’s Safe Migration Campaign comes up short due to simplistic concept of safe migration
Author: Tommy KS Koh, East Asia Forum
"ASEAN's Safe Migration Campaign comes up short", 1 August 2019...
Indonesia: Google technology helps forest rangers monitor illegal logging activities in West Sumatra's rainforests
Author: Dyaning Pangestika, The Jakarta Post
"Google's artificial intelligence helps protect West Sumatra's rainforests", 4 August 2019 ...
Author: Global Witness
“¿Enemigos del Estado?", 30 de julio de 2019...
Author: Global Witness
30 Jul 2019...
- Related stories: Global Witness report shows three defenders were killed each week in 2018, most in relation to mining, agribusiness & hydro
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: Dole Philippines (see Dolefil) Itochu JPMorgan Chase Promoción y Desarrollo Hídricos (PDHSA) (Now Energía y Renovación S.A ) Sterlite Industries (part of Vedanta Resources) Transcanada Vedanta Resources
Indonesia: Forest Stewardship Council threatens to expel Korindo if it fails to secure remedy for rainforest damage
"FSC to keep palm oil giant Korina in the fold, for now," 25 July 2019...
In 2019, investigative news reporters at Korean media outlet, Hankyoreh, released a series called “Global Samsung: A report on unsustainable labor practices", based on its investigations into mobile phone factories supplying to Samsung in India,...
Indonesia: New land law needed to give investors legal certainty & avoid conflict with indigenous communities
Author: Jakarta Post
"Here's Why Indonesia Must Pass the New Land Bill", 19 July 2019...