Related stories and components
Indonesia: Poor adherence to standard procedures in infrastructure developments results in deaths & injuries
Author: Amal Ganesha, Jakarta Globe
"Safety Lapses and Fatal Accidents Amid Indonesia's Infrastructure Boom", 11 April 2018...
- Related companies: Waskita Karya
Indonesia asks Facebook whether personal data of citizens were shared with political consultancy firm
Author: Cindy Silviana, Jakarta Globe
"Indonesia Examining Whether Facebook Breached Laws on Data", 07 April 2018...
- Related companies: Facebook
Author: Adinda Normala & Amal Ganesha, Jakarta Globe
"Oil Spill in Balikpapan Takes Toll on Residents, Destroys Wildlife", 06 April 2018...
- Related companies: Pertamina
Author: Wilda Asmarini & Bernadette Christina Munthe, Reuters (Indonesia)
"Indonesia Blames Ship’s Anchor for Massive Oil Spill", 05 Apr 2018...
Author: Sasja Beslik, Ethical Corporation (UK)
" Why Nordea’s responsible investment funds have dropped Facebook" 23 Mar 2018. ...
- Related stories: 50 million Facebook profiles of US voters harvested by data firm to aid Trump presidential campaign
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights
- Related companies: Facebook Instagram (part of Facebook) Twitter Whatsapp (part of Facebook)
Indonesia: Activists protest against factory in Java due to pollution; seven protesters have been arrested for vandalism & defamation
Author: The Jakarta Post
A crowd of activists protested in front of the Energy Building...to demand that garment company PT Huddleston Indonesia, which occupies the 20th floor of the building, shut down operations of PT Rayon Utama Makmur (RUM) in Sukoharjo, Central Java....
Clean Clothes Campaign to file complaint against Adidas to German National Contact Point for allegedly breaching OECD guidelines in Indonesia; incl. co response
In July 2012, 1300 workers at the Panarub Dwikarya Benoa (PDK) factory in Indonesia who went on strike to protest poor working conditions were dismissed. A 2016 ILO report affirmed that the situation at the factory constituted a violation of...
Thank you for providing adidas with an opportunity to respond to the Clean Clothes Campaign’s (CCC’s) recent press release... ...
- Related stories: Clean Clothes Campaign to file complaint against Adidas to German National Contact Point for allegedly breaching OECD guidelines in Indonesia; incl. co response
- This is a response from the following companies: adidas
Roundtable addresses need for improved corporate governance by investors, CEOs & business networks to end slavery in supply chains; incl. contribution by BHRRC
Author: Joanna Radeke and Tammi L. Coles, Corporate Knights
Slavery remains a disturbing reality of the world's labour markets. In the private sector especially, some 16 million people are enslaved – forced to work in sectors as diverse as agriculture, construction and the cosmetics industry. And while cases...