Related stories and components
Indonesia: IMF report says women workers likely to be replaced by automation within next two decades
Author: Sarah Yuniarni, Jakarta Globe
"Female Jobs More Likely to Be Displaced by Technology, IMF Report Says", 10 October 2018...
Author: Zafirah Zein, Eco-business
"Major brands break ties with Indonesia palm oil giant," 05 October 2018...
Le Centre de Ressources sur les Entreprises et les Droits de l'Homme a invité Nestlé à répondre à l'étude réalisée par Pain pour le prochain et Action de Carême.Sa réponse est disponible ici (en anglais uniquement).
- Related stories: Une étude accuse 5 entreprises suisses d'être régulièrement impliquées dans des violations des droits de l'homme au niveau mondial; avec les réponses des entreprises
- This is a response from the following companies: Nestlé
Indonesia: Palm oil trader Wilmar still buys from suppliers involved in worker exploitation, community conflicts, deforestation - Greenpeace
Author: Sheany, Jakarta Globe
Some of the world's largest brands, including PepsiCo, Unilever and Nestlé, have continued to buy palm oil from companies accused of being responsible for mass deforestation in Indonesia, a new report by Greenpeace International showed.......
- Related companies: Wilmar International
Author: Sheany, Jakarta Globe
"Singapore Gov't Suspends Agency Behind Online 'Sale' of Indonesian Migrant Workers", 20 September 2018...
Commentary: Banks' coal policies ineffective; Standard Chartered can lead peers by committing to renewable-energy projects
Author: Julien Vincent, Asia Times
"The power of finance to slow new coal plants", 29 August 2018...
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas ADM (see Archer Daniels Midland) Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
Asia Pacific: Business & govt. leaders endorse "Acknowledge, Act, Advance (AAA)" as framework to end modern slavery
Author: Mirage News
"Business and Government Leaders Endorse AAA Recommendations To End Modern Slavery", 7 August 2018...
Australia: New report aims to promote better slavery-awareness among seafood buyers, sellers and traders
A new report, Seeing Slavery in Seafood Supply Chains, published in the journal Science Advances...aims to promote better awareness among seafood buyers, sellers and traders.
Author: V. Arun Kumar, NewsClick
"In Jakarta, a Women's Movement Leads the Fight Against Water Privatization," 02 August 2018...