Related stories and components
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Sumitomo Group
Front Line Defenders report highlights killings of 312 human rights defenders in 2017, underlining the role of business
Author: Front Line Defenders (Ireland)
"Annual Report on Human Rights Defenders at Risk 2017", 3 Jan 2018...
Specific Instance between Intl. Union of Food, Agriculture, Hotel, Restaurant, Catering, Tobacco & Allied Workers' Associations (IUF) and Starwood Hotels & Resorts for conduct in Maldives & Ethiopia
Author: U.S. National Contact Point for the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
The USNCP offered mediation to the parties...[which] resulted in an agreement... [The parties] authorized public dissemination of the following joint statement:...
- Related stories: Complaints over labour rights against Starwood, PepsiCo before US National Contact Point for OECD Guidelines - report on outcomes
- Related companies: Starwood Hotels
Author: Duke Mwancha, AllAfrica
“Kenya: Climate Change - Migration for Asylum is a Human Right”, 7 Sept 2015...
Author: International Union of Food, Agricultural, Hotel, Restaurant, Catering, Tobacco & Allied Workers' Associations (IUF)
"Maldives resort workers press government to legislate rights, standards in tourism", 2 Jun 2015...
Author: Severin Carrell, Guardian (UK)
Human rights campaigners are warning of further political repression in the Maldives after a British-owned firm sold a large shipment of teargas, stun grenades and rubber bullets to its police force. The shipment...was sold by a foreign subsidiary of...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
Author: Agence France-Presse (AFP)
The Global Network Initiative, which includes Google, Facebook, Yahoo and Microsoft, has asked  countries to "report on the requests they make for electronic communications surveillance and to make it legally possible for companies to report...
Council holds Panel discussion on the Role of the United Nations in Advancing the Business and Human Rights Agenda
Author: UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
The Human Rights Council...held a panel discussion on the role of the United Nations system in advancing the business and human rights agenda through embedding the Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights in the post-2015 framework and related...
Author: US Dept. of Labor
This report contains information on the worst forms of child labor and efforts to eliminate this exploitation in 125 independent countries and a summary report on 19 nonindependent countries and territories...The report focuses exclusively on the...
- Related stories: India, Bangladesh & the Philippines lead the world in number of products made by child labourers according to US Dept. of Labor report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children