Related stories and components
Activists awarded Goldman Environmental prize for their work challenging irresponsible business practices
Author: The Goldman Environmental Foundation
"Introducing the 2019 Goldman Environmental Prize Winners", 29 Apr 2019...
Mongolia: Herders successfully reach tripartite settlement to remain on heritage land following lawsuit over impact of Oyu Tolgoi mine
Author: Rod Austin, Guardian (UK)
"An example to all': the Mongolian herders who took on a corporate behemoth – and won", 8 Apr 2019...
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
New paper provides first systematic analysis of UN Special Rapporteur's communications on human rights defenders
Author: Janika Spannagel, Global Public Policy Institute (Germany)
"Chasing Shadows: UN Communications on Human Rights Defenders", 24 January 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Author: Ardea International
This report focuses on the jewellery sector. We have included eight of the major jewellers in the UK, namely the Signet Group (and the companies under its control, as listed in the table in this report), Tiffany & Co., Goldsmiths, Links, F. Hinds,...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Modern slavery Natural Resources
- Related companies: Boodle & Dunthorne Cartier (part of Richemont) De Beers (part of Anglo American) Diarough Ernest Jones (part of Signet) Goldsmiths H.Samuel (part of Signet) Kay Jewelers (part of Signet) Leslie Davis (part of Signet) Newmont Goldcorp Richemont Rio Tinto Rosy Blue Signet Jewelers Tiffany Zale (part of Signet)
Author: Isabella Lövin and Howard Bamsey, Eco-business
"Gender must be at the heart of climate action," 30 August 2017...
Mongolia: Herders win landmark agreement concerning mine that threatened their livelihood, health, & culture
Author: Sophie Edwards, Devex
"How a group of Mongolian herders took on a mining giant — and won", 9 August 2017...
Over 1000 human rights defenders killed or harassed in 2016 – new report urges advocates to engage companies more effectively
Author: Front Line Defenders
"Annual Report on Human Rights Defenders at Risk in 2016", 3 Jan 2017...
UK: Home Office identifies possible victims of modern slavery while investigating illegal immigration in nail salons
Author: Rowena Mason, Guardian (UK)
"Home Office targets nail bars over illegal immigration", 28 Dec 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour