Related stories and components
Author: New Zealand Herald
"Trans-Tasman Resources given leave to appeal quashing of seabed mining consent", 24 December 2018...
- Related stories: Pacific: Potentially damaging impacts of seabed mining on Pacific Island communities highlighted in new report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources Natural resources
- Related companies: Trans-Tasman Resources
New Zealand: Chinese construction workers caught in "bonded labour" by recruitment company, says union
Author: Debrin Foxcroft, Stuff
9th January, 2019...
- Related companies: National Personnel
Author: Anuja Nadkarni, Stuff
"Marlborough wine contractor to pay over $140,000 for exploiting migrant workers, failing to pay minimum wage", 9 January 2019...
Author: NZ Herald
"ERA fines forestry company $35K, bans from hiring migrants for underpaying workers", 19 December 2018...
- Related companies: Silviculture Solutions Ltd
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Sumitomo Group
Commentary: Australia's Modern Slavery Act will significantly impact some New Zealand big businesses
Author: Rebekah Armstrong, NZ Herald
"Rebekah Armstrong: What the Australian Modern Slavery Act will mean for big Kiwi businesses" 12 December 2018...
Commentary: New Zealand business group finalise template on how employers can help victims of family violence
Author: Jackie Blue, Voxy
"NZ businesses role in addressing human rights issues", 17 October 2018...
New Zealand: Conscious consumerism is still not mainstream despite risks of labour exploitation & pollution
Author: Aimee Shaw, NZ Herald
"Kiwis' 'fast fashion' shopping habits not budging fast enough", 11 September 2018...
Author: John Anthony, Stuff NZ
"Force companies to open books on sexual harassment – human rights watchdog", 2 September 2018...
Australia & New Zealand: Workers with disabilities reportedly being acutely underpaid, some receiving only $1 an hour
Media reports cite employees with disabilities in Australia and New Zealand are being paid as little as $1 an hour. Rights groups say that the practice breaches international law and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with...