Related stories and components
Ten labourers were gunned down in southwestern Pakistan on Saturday while working on link roads to connect outlying towns to the country's $57-billion Chinese "Belt and Road" initiative, security officials confirmed. The attack on the Pakistani...
Pakistan: Bank Information Center publishes report on social & environmental impacts of AIIB-funded Tarbela 5 hydropower extension
Author: Bank Information Center
"The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank and the Tarbela 5 hydropower extension project, Pakistan", Apr 2017...
Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing - Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This year’s Annual Briefing highlights the rising impunity of companies’ involvement in human rights abuse...Unscrupulous companies are increasingly targeting activists, using the justice system to hold them accountable, with repression and lawsuits. ...
- Related stories: New briefing on legal accountability: Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefings Latest Legal News
- Related companies: adidas Arcelor Mittal Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chiquita ConocoPhillips DJ Houghton Dow Chemical Drummond Eternit (Switzerland) ExxonMobil Ford Kappes, Cassiday & Associates KiK Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LafargeHolcim Lahmeyer Mineral Commodities (MRC) Natural Fruit Nestlé Nevsun RWE Shell Socfin Tiffany Titan Cement Trafigura Beheer Union Carbide (part of Dow) Villaggio Mall Vinci
Human Rights Council renews mandate of Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders; affirms defenders must be protected by state & non-state actors
Author: Michael Ineichen, International Service for Human Rights
"HRC34 | Council unites to stand with human rights defenders", 23 Mar 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Author: Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein, Alto Comisionado de las Naciones Unidas para los Derechos Humanos, en Miami Herald (USA)
"Reduciendo el riesgo de la infraestructura para las personas", 5 Mar 2017...
- Related stories: Honduras: 1 año del asesinato de Berta Cáceres - materiales selectos
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es
G20 must ensure safe & sustainable infrastructure investment agenda, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights says
Author: Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, in Miami Herald (USA)
"Human rights trampled in push to build infrastructure", 3 Mar 2017...
Pakistan: Villagers protest govt. plans to mine untapped coal reserves citing pollution & access to ancestral lands
Author: Rina Saeed Khan, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"Pakistan races to tap virgin coal fields to meet energy crunch", 27 Feb 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Mitigation
Author: Dawn [Pakistan]
Death toll in the motorbike spare parts manufacturing unit fire incident reached six...as four of the injured labourers succumbed to their burns....a fire had erupted in Al-Badar Engineering factory situated at Lahore Road as a result of which one of...
Author: Sustainable Brands
“Supply Chain Slavery Index Identifies High-Risk Countries in Fashion Supply Chains”, 1 February 2017...