Related stories and components
Author: Omair Ahmad, eco-business.com
"The uncertain death of king coal," 7 August 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
Author: Global Witness (United Kingdom)
In 2016, at least 200 land and environmental defenders were murdered – the deadliest year on record. Not only is this trend growing, it’s spreading – killings were dispersed across 24 countries, compared to 16 in 2015. With many killings unreported,...
- Related stories: New Global Witness report finds govts., businesses & investors are fuelling violence against defenders, 200 of whom were killed in 2016
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Axis Bank BHP Billiton BNDES Coal India (CIL) Energy Transfer Partners Finnfund FMO Glencore Jindal Los Encinos San Miguel Corporation SOCO International South Eastern Coalfields Limited (part of Coal India Limited) Vedanta Resources Yes Bank
KiK signs "Accord on Building and Fire Safety"; new agreement to focus on strengthening labour rights & transparency in the textile chain
The textil discount KiK has signed the new edition of the "Accord" fire protection and building agreement in Bangladesh. The Westphalian company is therefore one of the first signatories to the new agreement, which will enter into force on 31 May 2018....
- Related stories: Companies & trade unions agree to renew Bangladesh Accord for Fire and Building Safety until 2021
- Related companies: KiK
Commentary: Civil society is increasingly using strategic litigation to address corporate human rights abuses
Author: Dr Carolijn Terwindt & Christian Schliemann, European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights, in Civicus State of Civil Society Report 2017
"Transnational strategic litigation: an emerging part of civil society’s repertoire for corporate accountability", Jun 2017...
Author: Michel Van de Bel, Microsoft EMEA
"World Refugee Day: many small things make a big difference", 20 Jun 2017...
- Related stories: World Refugee Day 2017: Companies take action in support of rights
- Related companies: Microsoft
Author: Elizabeth Summers, Bank Information Center
Shortly after commencing operations in January 2016, the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) adopted environmental and social standards that committed to investing in sustainable infrastructure projects, including a pledge to support the human...
Author: Marina Fabre, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« La France interdit un pesticide… Mais l'exporte vers des pays en développement », 29 mai 2017...
- Related companies: Syngenta