Related stories and components
Front Line Defenders' new report says majority of human rights defenders killings in 2017 were related to mega projects in extractive industry
Author: Created by HRD Memorial Network and Edited by Frontline Defenders
"Stop the Killings", 20th June 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Note: Excerpts of Nutri-Asia's statement, published on 16 June 2018, is provided and linked below. NutriAsia's statement, dated 20 June 2018, can be found here....
- Related stories: Philippines: Workers at NutriAsia factory face lawsuits and suffer injuries after dispersal of protest
- Related companies: NutriAsia
Philippines: Commission on Human Rights reminds security forces to observe maximum tolerance in workers' protests
Author: Commission on Human Rights of the Philippines
"On the violent dispersal during the NutriAsia factory protest," 15 June 2018...
Philippines: Labor ministry condemns violent dispersal of NutriAsia workers & calls on company to regularise contractual workers
Author: Aika Rey, Rappler
"DOLE condemns violent dispersal of NutriAsia workers," 17 June 2018...
Philippines: Police disperse protesting workers of NutriAsia; violence and injuries reported to have occurred
Author: Lara Tan, CNN Philippines
"Police slammed for 'violent dispersal' of NutriAsia contractual workers," 16 June 2018...
Philippines: Three farmer-activists opposed to entry of mining & plantations gunned down in Southern Mindanao
Author: Davao Today
"3 farmer-activists gunned down in Davao Region", 13 June 2018...
- Related companies: Lapanday Food Corporation
Philippines: Workers at NutriAsia factory face lawsuits and suffer injuries after dispersal of protest
Workers went on strike at a NutriAsia factory in the Philippines because of low wages and unhealthy working conditions. The workers also alleged that NutriAsia practiced contractualisation -- extending regular employment agreements to less than 10...
New Annual Briefing on legal accountability: Turning up the heat: Corporate legal accountability for climate change
This year's Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing explores the rising trend of climate litigation brought against companies. Turning up the heat: Corporate legal accountability for climate change examines the opportunities and challenges for ...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Center
"Informe de Responsabilidad Legal Empresarial 2018" 6 de junio de 2018...
- Related companies: American Petroleum Institute Anadarko Apache Arch Coal BP Chevron Citgo Petroleum (part of PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela)) ConocoPhillips Devon Energy EnCana ExxonMobil Hess Corporation Marathon Oil Marathon Petroleum Occidental Petroleum Peabody Energy Phillips 66 Repsol Rio Tinto RWE Shell Statoil Suncor Total
Philippines: Dept. of Labor releases list of labour-only contracting companies; food chain giant Jollibee tops list
Author: Gabriel Pabico Lalu, Philippine Daily Inquirer
"Jollibee tops DOLE list of labor-only contracting companies" 28 May 2018...
- Related companies: Brother Industries (Philippines) Inc. Dole Philippines (see Dolefil) Franklin Baker Inc. General Tuna Corporation Jollibee KCC Property Holdings, Inc. Magnolia Inc. Nickel Asia Nidec Precision Philippines Corporation Peter Paul Phil. Corporation Philippine Airlines Philippine Long Distance Telephone Philsaga Mining Corporation Pilipinas Kyohritsu, Inc. Sumi Philippines Wiring Systems Corporation Sumitomo Group