Related stories and components
So. Korea: Court orders assets forfeiture of Japanese company to enforce decision compensating WWII workers over forced labour
Author: Hyung-Jin Kim, Associated Press
"South Korea orders seizure of Japan assets over forced labor", 9 Jan. 2019...
So. Korea: Plaintiffs seek to seize assets of Japanese companies to enforce Supreme Court’s ruling compensating WWII workers for forced labour
Author: Akiko Horiyama, Mainichi (Japan)
"Move to seize assets in forced labor case in S. Korea prioritizes plaintiffs' rights", 3 Jan. 2019...
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Sumitomo Group
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to our Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin -- highlighting a specific topic each quarter, as well as key developments in corporate legal accountability......
- Related stories: Corporate Legal Accountability Bulletin: The Zero Draft Treaty on Business & Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletins Latest news on proposed binding treaty
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Apple Appleby BHP Billiton CACI Cargill Drummond Energy Resources Capital Gold Fields Harmony Gold KiK Lundin Petroleum Nestlé Oxec (part of Energy Resources Capital) RWE Samsung Total Unilever Vale Vinci
Author: International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC)
"Global Poll: Governments’ failure to address low wages and insecure jobs threatens trust in politics and democracy", 2 December 2018...
- Related stories: Intl. Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) 4th World Congress
"Samsung apologizes over sicknesses, deaths of some workers", 23 November, 2018...
- Related stories: So. Korea: NGOs, families of workers allege links between work at Samsung semiconductor factories and cancer
- Related companies: Samsung
Author: ZEIT Online
Das südkoreanische Unternehmen Samsung hat sich bei seinen Werksarbeiterinnen und -arbeitern für Krankheits- und Todesfälle entschuldigt. Es sei versäumt worden, eine sichere Arbeitsumgebung in bestimmten Fabriken zu schaffen, hieß es in einer...
- Related companies: Samsung
Author: Wooyoung Lee, UPI
"Japan to bring South Korean court ruling on forced labor to international court", 6 Nov 2018...
- Related stories: So. Korea's Supreme Court orders Japanese firm to compensate WWII workers in forced labour lawsuit
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News