Related stories and components
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas ADM (see Archer Daniels Midland) Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
Female workers in factories supplying to Gap & H&M face harassment & abuse, report finds; co's to investigate
Author: Kate Hodal, The Guardian
Pressure to meet fast fashion deadlines is leading to women working in Asian factories supplying Gap and H&M being sexually and physically abused..., according to [...] reports published last week by Global Labour Justice on gender-based violence.....
- Related stories: Unions and rights groups call for global convention on violence and harassment in the workplace
- Related companies: Gap H&M
Sri Lanka: Authorities to investigate Horana rubber factory incident over alleged violations of workplace safety resulting in deaths & injuries
Author: Vimukthi Fernando, Maneshka Borham, Sunday Observer (Sri Lanka)
"Horana factory tragedy: Lab controller arrested", 22 Apr 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
Sri Lanka: Recruitment agencies allegedly force female domestic workers to take contraceptives to secure work in the Gulf
Author: Sophie Cousins, The Guardian
"Recruiters order Sri Lankan women to take birth control before working in Gulf", 6 April 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Employment & recruitment agencies
Author: World Maritime News
"India Blacklists Two UAE Companies for Abandoning Seafarers" 30 Mar 2018...
Sur 26 'Reclaiming Civic Space': Report by FGHR & Conectas highlights resistance of human rights groups during a time of increasing repression
[The Report] documents the resistance of human rights groups during a time of increasing repression and restrictions on civil society, and offers key insights on the strategies frontline activists are using to reclaim civic space... Sur 26 is...
Author: Arnaud Lefebvre, Express.live
« La plus grande entreprise textile au monde freine la robotisation », 8 janvier 2018...
- Related companies: Crystal International Group
Front Line Defenders report highlights killings of 312 human rights defenders in 2017, underlining the role of business
Author: Front Line Defenders (Ireland)
"Annual Report on Human Rights Defenders at Risk 2017", 3 Jan 2018...