Related stories and components
- Related stories: Laos: Xayaburi Dam begins operations despite protests from villagers arguing dam will destroy their livelihoods; company did not respond
- This is a non response from the following companies: CK Power Company
Laos: Protests continue against Xayaburi Dam for the reduced river flow and risk of livelihood crisis as it begins operations
Author: Panu Wongcha-um, Reuters
"New Mekong dam in Laos opens to protests, dried-out downstream", 28 Oct 2019...
Laos: Xayaburi Dam begins operations despite villagers arguing that dam will destroy their livelihoods
An article alleges that the Xayaburi Dam, in which CK Power is a main developer, will destroy the livelihoods of the villagers. It further alleges that the beginning of the commercial operations of the Xayaburi Dam coincides with “parts of the Mekong...
Author: Rights and Liberties Protection Department (Thailand)
"Thailand has adopted the National Action Plan on Business and Human Rights as 'the first country in Asia'", 30 Oct 2019...
Thailand: Seafood products’ trade preferences from the USA suspended because of worker rights issues
Source: Reuters/Jiraporn Kuhakan...
Fast Retailing & International Organization for Migration launch initiative to investigate recruitment & employment conditions of migrant workers in supply chain
Author: International Organization for Migration
"IOM, Fast Retailing to Map Apparel Labour Supply Chains, Uphold Migrant Workers' Rights", 4 October 2019...
- Related companies: Fast Retailing
Thailand: Human traffickers fail to compensate victims of 99% of decided cases due to difficulty in seizing their assets
Author: Nanchanok Wongsamuth, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"Exclusive: Thailand's human traffickers flout 99% of court orders to compensate victims," 15 October 2019...
As a food company that carries thousands of products from around the world, we recognize our responsibility to ensure that our suppliers adhere to our strict policies pertaining to worker rights. We are committed to conducting business in a lawful and...
- Related stories: Les supermarchés internationaux manquent de vigilance quant aux conditions de travail dans leurs chaînes d'approvisionnement, selon Oxfam Oxfam reveals poverty pay, harsh working conditions & gender discrimination in intl. supermarkets' food supply chains; incl. co. responses
- This is a response from the following companies: Albertsons
Cambodia: Bar Association plans to set up an office in Bangkok to provide legal aid to Cambodian migrants working in Thailand
Author: Narim Khuon, Khmer Times
"Bar Association to set up legal aid office in Thailand", 18 October 2019...
Thailand: Child sex trafficking takes new forms such as using girls as entertainers to lure men into bars
Author: Thomson Reuters Foundation, South China Morning Post
"Inside the Thai bars where 'child entertainers' are trafficked and put to work", 25 September 2019 ...While Thailand has ramped up efforts to tackle child sex trafficking in recent years, the crime is evolving and taking new forms such as th...