Related stories and components
Vietnam: 50,000 garment worker jobs at risk as brands cancel orders en masse amidst COVID-19 pandemic
Author: Sally Ho, Green Queen
“Vietnam: Garment Workers Lose Income As Covid-19 Decimates Fashion Orders”, 27 May 2020...
- Related stories: Outreach to companies on relationships with apparel manufacturers & response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- This is a non response from the following companies: Tapestry (Formerly Coach)
Vietnam: Workers allege that firm that makes shoes for Nike & Adidas used the pandemic as an excuse to fire them; companies respond
One hundred fifty Chinese workers allege that they have become expendable and that the manufacturing firm, Pou Chen, used the pandemic as an excuse to fire them. Pou Chen said it was forced to terminate the workers' contracts due to the decline in...
22 May 2020...
- This is a response from the following companies: Nike
21 May 2020...
- Related stories: Vietnam: Workers allege that firm that makes shoes for Nike & Adidas used the pandemic as an excuse to fire them
- This is a response from the following companies: adidas
HSBC stops funding new coal power stations, including those in previously exempt countries like Indonesia & Vietnam
Author: Tim Ha, EcoBusiness
"No more loopholes: HSBC closes door on new coal projects," 27 April 2020...
- Related companies: HSBC
Vietnam: Online activist faces five-year jail time; Facebook under fire for agreeing to censor posts critical to Govt.
Author: Huy Le & Richard Finney, Radio Free Asia
"Vietnamese Facebook User Hit With Five-Year Prison Term Amid Tightening Restrictions on Press Freedoms", 28 April 2020...
Author: Le Monde (France)
En pleine pandémie, l’accès à Facebook, Messenger et Instagram a été très fortement restreint, jusqu’à ce que le réseau social accepte de bloquer davantage de messages....
- Related stories: Vietnam : Facebook intensifierait sa censure des publications hostiles au gouvernement, dénonce Amnesty International
- Related in-depth areas: Pandémie de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) : Surveillance, censure et droit au respect de la vie privée
- Related companies: Facebook