Related stories and components
Author: CEE Bankwatch & other CSOs
We, the undersigned civil society groups, stand in solidarity with the residents of Jermuk, Gndevaz and Kechut, and with the environmental activists and concerned civil society in Armenia and appeal to the Government of Armenia to act on the Amulsar...
- Related stories: Armenia: NGOs urge govt. to address health hazards, water contamination risks & legal persecution of activists opposing Amulsar gold mine
- This is a non response from the following companies: Lydian International
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Sumitomo Group
Armenia: Activists opposing Amulsar gold mine over health concerns urge govt. to speed up mine inspections
"Amulsar came to Yerevan", 7 September 2018...
- Related companies: Lydian International
"Гора Амулсар пришла в Ереван", 6 сентября 2018 года...
- This is a response from the following companies: Lydian International
Three people have been injured in an explosion which took place in a glass industrial plant in the southwestern part of Yerevan...Additional information will be provided as authorities are working at the scene.
One of the...victims of the July 25 industrial plant explosion in Yerevan has died in hospital today, five days after being treated for burns...The other victim, Eduard Hovhannisyan, remains under intensive care. The incident is under investigation.