Related stories and components
Author: Robert Grabosch, Friedrich Ebert Stiftung
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Initiatives for mandatory human rights due diligence in Europe (non-exhaustive), last updated 13 June 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
Corporate compliance with EU Non-Financial Reporting Directive lowest for human rights, study on co's in Germany, Sweden & Austria finds
[A] new baseline study [...] evaluates corporate compliance with the new EU Non-Financial Reporting Directive (NFRD) [...] for 2017 and 2018, focusing on companies in Germany, Sweden, and Austria......
Author: David Cruz, Asociación Ambiente y Sociedad (Colombia)
[Excerpt translation from Spanish provided by Business and Human Rights Resource Centre]...
- Related stories: Latin America: According to analysts, new commercial agreements with China would pose an excessive indebtment for governments in the region
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
Author: International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH)
On what criteria should investment decisions be made? How should states rank when it comes to non-financial information? What indicators should be used? The objective of the present study is to establish a methodology and classification system that...
Finland: Civil society calls on Govt. to explore common EU approach to mandatory human rights due diligence legislation during EU Presidency
Author: European Coalition for Corporate Justice et al
We, the undersigned NGOs, are calling on the Finnish government to set an ambitious agenda for the implementation of the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs) at European Union (EU) level......
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group