Related stories and components
Author: Léa Stassinet, RTL (France)
« Un réseau franco-bulgare de traite d'êtres humains démantelé, 4 Bulgares arrêtés », 22 septembre 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
Widespread mistreatment, unpaid overtime & bullying reported at Romanian & Bulgarian garment factories; Includes comments from Benetton & Hugo Boss
Author: Elisa Oddone, Al Jazeera
"Made in Eastern Europe: Garment workers denied basic rights", 22 September 2019...
Novalpina Capital claims NSO Group received export licences from Bulgaria & Cyprus, but both states deny claims
Author: Access Now
"Is NSO Group’s infamous Pegasus spyware being traded through the EU?", 12 Sep 2019...
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold
Author: International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH)
On what criteria should investment decisions be made? How should states rank when it comes to non-financial information? What indicators should be used? The objective of the present study is to establish a methodology and classification system that...
Bulgaria: 96 children fall sick with food poisoning symptoms after Christmas party at restaurant; investigation underway
Author: TECH2 (Bulgaria)
"96 children with food poisoning after the Christmas party in Varna – Diseases"...
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
Author: International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC)
"Global Poll: Governments’ failure to address low wages and insecure jobs threatens trust in politics and democracy", 2 December 2018...
- Related stories: Intl. Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) 4th World Congress
Fundamental Rights Agency finds that civil society in EU is facing increasing challenges & explores role of business
The European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) report from January 2018 looked into the different types and patterns of challenges that civil society organizations working on human rights face in the European Union. In September 2018, FRA...