Related stories and components
Bulgaria: 96 children fall sick with food poisoning symptoms after Christmas party at restaurant; investigation underway
Author: TECH2 (Bulgaria)
"96 children with food poisoning after the Christmas party in Varna – Diseases"...
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Sumitomo Group
Author: International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC)
"Global Poll: Governments’ failure to address low wages and insecure jobs threatens trust in politics and democracy", 2 December 2018...
- Related stories: Intl. Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) 4th World Congress
Fundamental Rights Agency finds that civil society in EU is facing increasing challenges & explores role of business
The European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) report from January 2018 looked into the different types and patterns of challenges that civil society organizations working on human rights face in the European Union. In September 2018, FRA...
Author: Novinite (Bulgaria)
"Six Injured in Accident at Arms Factory Arsenal in Kazanlak", 17 October 2018...
New research findings accuse H&M of failing to ensure living wages for its supply chain workers; incl. co response
New research findings published by Clean Clothes Campaign on 24 September 2018 allege that many workers making H&M's clothes live below the poverty wage, forcing many employees to work overtime - despite H&M's commitment to ensuring workers in...
We invited H&M to respond to the new research findings. H&M sent us the following statement....
- Related stories: New research findings accuse H&M of failing to ensure living wages for its supply chain workers; incl. co response
- This is a response from the following companies: H&M
Bulgaria: Govt. & domestic banks allegedly support coal mining & energy companies accused of labour rights abuses & environmental pollution; includes comments by banks & govt.
The report "The Financial Mines – Murky banking interests in the Bulgarian coal industry drain public funds, destroy thousands of human lives and heavily contaminate the environment” by Greenpeace details human rights abuses and environmental...
The Financial Mines – Murky banking interests in the Bulgarian coal industry drain public funds, destroy thousands of human lives and heavily contaminate the environment
Author: Greenpeace Bulgaria
A group of around 20 Bulgarian companies active in coal mining, electricity and heat production form a closely integrated secretive business structure. The companies are owned by foreign firms on paper, but are evidently linked to one or more domestic...
- Related stories: Bulgaria: Govt. & domestic banks allegedly support coal mining & energy companies accused of labour rights abuses & environmental pollution; includes comments by banks & govt.
- Related companies: Brikel EAD First Investment Bank Investbank Toplоfikatsia - Burgas EAD Toplоfikatsia - Pernik EAD Toplоfikatsia - Pleven EAD Toplоfikatsia - Ruse EAD Toplоfikatsia - Sliven EAD Toplоfikatsia - Veliko Tarnovo EAD Toplоfikatsia - Vratsa EAD TPP Bobov Dol TPP Maritsa 3