Related stories and components
Author: Andrew S. Grewal & Saleem H. Ali, in Cultural Survival
Environmentalists and Kanak leaders alike are firmly against INCO’s proposed development due to its potential for environmental degradation...local Kanak tribes around Goro oppose the project because the terrestrial, marine, and atmospheric pollution...
Author: Eliane Patriarca, Libération
Le collectif, qui regroupe 42 associations et syndicats, relaie ainsi en France une campagne internationale débutée la semaine dernière à Londres...[fait référence à Nike, Adidas, Carrefour, Reebok, Décathlon]
Author: Global Witness
[refers to ChevronTexaco, ExxonMobil, Elf (now Total), Total, Likouala S.A., Agip (part of ENI), BP, Occidental Petroleum, Shell, Norsk Hydro, ConocoPhillips, SNPC, Mercator, Riggs Bank]
- Related stories: New report by Global Witness looks at secrecy surrounding revenues paid to govts. by oil & mining companies, & how this contributes to poverty
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: AGIP (part of Eni) BP Chevron ConocoPhillips Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Eni ExxonMobil Norsk Hydro Occidental Petroleum Shell Société Nationale des Pétroles du Congo (SNPC) Total
Author: El Tiempo [Colombia]
[Colombia]: Los inconvenientes se presentaron desde que el Ministerio anunció a finales del año pasado que iba a trasladar los tóxicos a Nobsa (Boyacá) para incinerarlos a comienzos de este año en los hornos de la cementera Suiza Holcim...
- Related companies: Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim)
Author: Agence France Presse
SRI is quickly growing in Asia as well, with the 16 billion dollars under SRI management expected to increase substantially in the next few years...Australia is the largest market in the Asian region with 14.3 billion invested in funds with SRI...
Author: Grace James, University of Reading
On 1 September 2003 the EOC launched a General Formal Investigation...into the discrimination faced by pregnant women at work. This Review is part of the initial stage of the investigation. Conducted between July and September 2003, it highlights the...
- Related in-depth areas: Case examples
[PDF] Following up the World Summit for Sustainable Development Commitments on Corporate Social Responsibility
Author: Fanny Calder & Dr. Malaika Culverwell, Royal Institute of International Affairs
[refers to Shell, Dupont, General Motors, Ford, Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Canon]