Related stories and components
[PDF] Corporate Responsibility to Respect Human Rights: Challenges and Opportunities for Europe and Japan
Author: Jörg Polakiewicz, Nagoya University
The paper provides an analysis and overview over the existing human rights standards relating to business...It also analyses existing law and practice regarding civil and criminal liability of corporations...in Europe and [USA]...[as well as] Japan’s...
- Related stories: Fadeyeva v Russia (re Severstal smelter) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Trafigura lawsuits (re Côte d’Ivoire) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Axel Springer Barclays Chevron Daily Mail and General Trust Hitachi Mazda McDonald's Mitsubishi Group Nestlé Shell Total Toyota Trafigura Beheer Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: Portugal News Online
Anglo-Dutch consumer goods company Unilever is looking to learn from its marketing experience in Asia by selling some products in smaller, cheaper packages with the objective of accommodating the pockets of cash-strapped European consumers pushed...
- Related companies: Unilever
Author: Ian Brown & Douwe Korff, Global Network Initiative
While states are responsible for protecting human rights online under international law, companies responsible for Internet infrastructure, products and services can play an important supporting role. Companies also have a legal and corporate social...
- Related stories: Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) Cisco Systems lawsuits (re China) Governments & companies can collaborate to protect freedom of expression & privacy online, says report commissioned by Global Network Initiative Yahoo! lawsuit (re China) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Civil society recommendations to governments Freedom of expression Information & communications technology Privacy
- Related companies: Amesys (part of Bull) Blue Coat Bull Google Intel McAfee (part of Intel) Microsoft Nokia Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) (joint venture Nokia and Siemens) Siemens TeliaSonera Twitter Vodafone YouTube (part of Google) ZTE
Author: Intl. Trade Union Confederation (ITUC)
The employers’ group today blocked discussion of some of the worst cases of worker rights violations at the annual ILO conference in Geneva...Employers have hijacked the process based on a misplaced ideological conviction that the right to strike,...
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate lobbying allegedly undermining union rights Interference with right to strike
Author: Ivana Jovanovic, Southeast European Times
Salary inequality between men and women [in Southeast Europe] is common. Although women and men are equal in the eyes of the law, they are not paid equally, largely due to a series of factors including stereotypes, unequal access to education, and...
Author: Intl. Civil Litigation and the Interest of the Public, Intl. Law Association
The draft resolution proposed by the Committee for adoption by the full house of the International Law Association is aimed at proposing Guidelines or best practices to address the private international law issues which often face national courts when...
- Related stories: Anvil Mining lawsuit (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Report on "Intl. civil litigation for human rights violations" Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Law firms
- Related companies: Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) China Minmetals Daimler Goodyear Rio Tinto Shell
Migrants in the EU: One in three foreign-born persons aged 25 to 54 overqualified for their job: Compared with one person in five among the native-born
Over the years, migration has had an impact on the composition of European societies. In 2010, foreign-born persons accounted for 9.4% of the EU27 population. Their socio-economic situation was in general less favourable than for native-born persons....
Author: Bibi van der Zee, Guardian [UK]
The investor state dispute mechanism (ISDM) is...being used by Philip Morris to sue the Australian government over its plans to discourage smoking...There is growing concern among legal experts and the countries hit by these legal cases that the...
- Related stories: Vattenfall is reportedly suing Germany over closure of nuclear plants in the wake of the Fukushima nuclear disaster
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Cargill Chevron Dow Chemical Enron Philip Morris International Shell Siemens Société Générale de Surveillance (SGS) Total