Related stories and components
Author: Damian Carrington, The Guardian
"Ireland becomes world's first country to divest from fossil fuels", 12 July 2018...
EU Directives may establish liability of public buyers & suppliers for labour rights abuses, says expert
Author: Eamonn Conlon, A&L Goodbody (Ireland)
"Modern Slavery: Do the 2014 EU Procurement Directives Establish New Routes to Remedy for Victims?", 19 June 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Modern slavery
Author: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (USA)
The new coalition representing $2 trillion will increase investor capacity to address human rights and business risks through targeted action, education and multi-stakeholder engagement... Convened by the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility ...
- Related stories: Global Investor Alliance for Human Rights representing $2 trillion launched
- Related companies: APG
EU Fundamental Rights Agency finds civil society in all member states is facing increasing challenges
Author: European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (EU)
"Challenges facing civil society organisations working on human rights in the EU", 19 Jan 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Author: Government of Ireland
...this National Plan has been developed on foot of a government decision in June 2014 and follows an extensive consultation process. its aim is to promote responsible business practice at home and overseas. a key element of the Plan is the...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on National Action Plans
Commentary: Multinationals' tax avoidance drives decrease in public funding and higher taxes on lower-income households
Author: Gabriel Zucman, University of California, Berkeley, in Guardian (UK)
"The desperate inequality behind global tax dodging", 8 Nov 2017...
- Related stories: Paradise Papers reveal practices of aggressive tax avoidance by multinational corporations
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on tax avoidance
- Related companies: Credit Suisse Google (part of Alphabet) HSBC