Related stories and components
Over 50 academics & experts sign open letter to Italian govt. institutions on issue of business & human rights
Author: Proponents and Scientific Co-Directors of the "Business and Human Rights" Summer School & other signatories
With this Open Letter, we wish to express our appreciation as to the inclusion by the Italian Government in its work programme of the objective of achieving a "Green New Deal" (Para 7) aimed at rethinking the relationship between economic development,...
Italy: Fincantieri investigated for alleged 'systematic exploitation' of migrant workers in shipyards
Author: Riccardo Bastianello, Nasdaq
"Italian police search shipbuilding companies linked to Fincantieri", 6 November 2019...
- Related companies: Fincantieri
Italian Public Prosecutor requests dismissal of arms manufacturer RWM Italia's case on involvement in Saudi/UAE airstrikes in Yemen
Author: European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights (ECCHR)
"The case against UAMA and RWM Italia is not about negligence, it's about Italy's role in deadly Saudi/UAE-Led coalition airstrike", 8 Oct 2019...
Report alleges European gas industry lobby promotes gas as part of solution to climate emergency; incl. responses
The report "Who owns all the pipelines?" published by the European Network of Corporate Observatories (ENCO) looks at Europe's four biggest gas transport companies - Fluxys (Belgium), Enagás (Spain), GRTgaz (France), Snam (Italy) - and the pipeline and...
Author: Nikki Mandow, Newsroom
"Are we buying slave-picked tinned tomatoes?", 5 October 2019...
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold
Oxfam has assessed 16 large supermarkets across the US and Europe on their policies and practices in their food supply chains. Oxfam looked at the transparency of their supply chains, treatment of small-scale farmers and women workers in their supply...
Author: Stuff (NZ)
"German rescue ship captain held in Italy defended at home", 1 July 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Siemens
Author: Süddeusche Zeitung
"'Sea-Watch 3' - Steinmeier kritisiert Italien", 30. Juni 2019...
- Related stories: Politiker und Siemens-Manager kritisieren Festnahme von Sea-Watch-Kapitänin
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Neuigkeiten zu Menschenrechtsaktivisten
- Related companies: Siemens