Related stories and components
[PDF] full report: "Beyond the Rhetoric - Measuring revenue transparency - Company performance in the oil and gas industries"
Author: Save the Children UK
[report ranks performance of 25 companies: Amerada Hess, BP, Chevron Texaco, CNPC, Conoco Phillips, Devon Energy, Eni, Exxon Mobil, Lion Energy, Lukoil, Nexen, Norsk Hydro, Paladin Resources, PetroChina, Petronas, Premier Oil, Repsol YPF, Santos, Shell...
- Related stories: full report: "Beyond the Rhetoric - Measuring revenue transparency - Company performance in the oil and gas industries"
- Related companies: BP Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) ConocoPhillips Devon Energy Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Hess Corporation Lion Energy Lukoil Nexen Norsk Hydro Paladin Energy PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Petronas Premier Oil Repsol YPF Santos Shell Talisman (part of Repsol) Total TransAtlantic Petroleum Unocal (part of Chevron)
[PDF] full report: "Beyond the Rhetoric - Measuring revenue transparency - Home government requirements for disclosure in the oil and gas industries"
Author: Save the Children UK
This report...defines a standard for government regulation of company transparency on revenue payments and assesses practice against this standard in ten countries: Australia, Canada, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Russia, South Africa, the UK...
- Related stories: full report: "Beyond the Rhetoric - Measuring revenue transparency - Company performance in the oil and gas industries" full report: "Beyond the Rhetoric - Measuring revenue transparency - Home government requirements for disclosure in the oil and gas industries"
- Related companies: ConocoPhillips Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) Gazprom Lukoil Norsk Hydro Shell Total
Author: Amnesty International
This Valentine’s Day (14 February) diamond retailers will be touting the ultimate symbol of love and devotion, but according to Amnesty International consumers can expect little reassurance that their diamonds are not products of war and human rights...
Author: BBC News World Edition
Food firms have been warned by the EU to stop advertising junk food to children and make labelling clearer. Markos Kyprianou, the EU's health and consumer affairs commissioner, said that unless voluntary steps were taken, the EU would introduce...
Author: Rachelle Jackson, director of research & development at CSCC (corporate social responsibility service provider), in Ethical Corporation
When examining supply chain labour standards, homework, or cottage industries, remain one of the great challenges for companies...[refers to Nike, B&Q (part of Kingfisher)]
[DOC] Excerpts from submissions to United Nations consultation on business & human rights (submissions made available to the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre)
Author: compilation by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre covering submissions by various authors
[includes excerpts from submissions made by NGOs, companies, business organisations, govts., academics & other individuals]
- Related companies: ABB adidas Alcoa Barclays BASF Body Shop (part of Natura) BP Dow Chemical Equinor (formerly Statoil) Ford Gap HP (Hewlett-Packard) McDonald's Microsoft MTV (part of Viacom) MTV Networks Europe (part of Viacom) National Grid Newmont Goldcorp Nexen Nike Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Occidental Petroleum Pfizer Reebok (part of adidas) Rio Tinto Sasol Shell Sonofon (part of Telenor) Starbucks Storebrand Telefónica Telenor Unilever Union Carbide (part of Dow)
Stakeholder submissions to the report of the High Commissioner for Human Rights on the Responsibilities of Transnational Corporations and related Business Enterprises with regard to Human Rights
Author: Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
OHCHR has now received over 90 submissions from stakeholders relevant to the report of the High Commissioner which are included below...Submissions from: States; Transnational Corporations; Employer associations; Employee associations;...
Author: AGI [Italy]
Two young people look for work. They are of the same age, training, skills and experience. The only difference is that one of them is Moroccan...[In] 40 pct of cases...the young Moroccan is discriminated against in the selection procedure. This has...
Author: Lee Glendinning, Guardian [UK]
Many UK jewellers have conceded they have no real policy on sourcing diamonds...almost two years after the diamond industry agreed to a self-regulation system to prevent the trade in diamonds from regions of conflict, many UK jewellers are unable to...
- Related stories: Documents d'Amnesty International : Italie