Related stories and components
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Sumitomo Group
Author: Human Rights Watch
"Kyrgyzstan: Activist Faces Extradition, Risk of Torture", 24 June 2018...
Author: Berkley Law, University of California (USA)
"Rights Eroded: A Briefing on the Effects of Closing Space on Women Human Rights Defenders", December 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Crude Accountability launches report on attacks on environmental defenders in former Soviet Union countries & USA
Author: Crude Accountability (USA)
"Dangerous Work Increasing Pressure on Environmental NGO's and Activists in the Countries of the Former Soviet Union and the U.S.", Nov 2017...
Russia: Construction workers face exploitation & labour abuses on World Cup 2018 stadiums; says HRW report
Report highlights shrinking civic space for natural resource activists & calls for collective action
Author: CIVICUS & Publish What You Pay
“Against all odds: The perils of fighting for natural resource justice”, 3 December 2016...
Seven of 15 former Soviet countries have become “consolidated authoritarian regimes”, says new report; fall in oil prices linked to lack of transparency, accountability
Author: Nate Schenkkan, Freedom House
"Nations in tansit 2016: Europe and Eurasia brace for impact", 12 April 2016...
"Russia's bad example": Report on global spread of laws restricting civic space, freedom of association & expression
Author: Melissa Hooper with assistance from Grigory Frolov, Free Russia Foundation & Human Rights First
"Russia's bad example", February 2016...
- Related stories: Hungary: Rapidly shrinking civic freedoms - what business can do
Criminalisation of human rights defenders is increasingly being used to shrink civil society spaces, says report
Author: María Martín, Protection International
“Criminalisation of Human Rights Defenders, Categorisation of the Problem and Measures in Response”, 1 Dec 2015...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on HRDs