Related stories and components
UN Human Rights Office documents growing reprisals against civil society for cooperating with United Nations
Author: Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
"Human rights: Reported reprisals on the rise, says UN", 19 Sep 2019...
UN Working Group on the use of mercenaries highlights the human rights impacts of the relationship between PMSCs and the extractive sector
Author: UN Human Rights Council (Geneva)
"Relationship between private military and security companies and the extractive industry from a human rights perspective. Report of the Working Group on the use of mercenaries as a means of violating human rights and impeding the exercise of the right...
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
Author: Human Rights Watch
"Kyrgyzstan: Activist Faces Extradition, Risk of Torture", 24 June 2018...
Author: Berkley Law, University of California (USA)
"Rights Eroded: A Briefing on the Effects of Closing Space on Women Human Rights Defenders", December 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Crude Accountability launches report on attacks on environmental defenders in former Soviet Union countries & USA
Author: Crude Accountability (USA)
"Dangerous Work Increasing Pressure on Environmental NGO's and Activists in the Countries of the Former Soviet Union and the U.S.", Nov 2017...
Russia: Construction workers face exploitation & labour abuses on World Cup 2018 stadiums; says HRW report
Report highlights shrinking civic space for natural resource activists & calls for collective action
Author: CIVICUS & Publish What You Pay
“Against all odds: The perils of fighting for natural resource justice”, 3 December 2016...